Trem slack

Black Plaid

Other Alan!
I know what you are thinking, right off the bat, it's not that.

I very recently acquired what is, by all accounts, a case queen (I believe that's the vernacular), from 2012.

Seriously, it had this little foam bit on the 5 way selector, and is in beyond immaculate condition. Well, was, I've been playing it solid for the last week or so.

Aaaanyway, the trem has an odd bit of slack in it like none of my others have. No matter how tight the set screw, really, like snug enough to make it difficult to put in, there's this perceptible, shall we call it, backlash, in the trem travel.

Am wondering if any of you have seen this before, and if just grabbing this and replacing the bushing would sort it out.

Thanks!

Think there might be some oil, grease, silicone type lubricant on the old bushing? Cleaning it is free. That's my best guess.

Just looked up Mann's instructions for removing the bushing, and, yeah, you gotta have a new one ready to go if you are going to do that.

Yeah, it's like the bottom of the bushing is wider than the part that clamps via the set screw.

The Trem itself has no slack/backlash (if I move it using my fingers there's none of the feel), nor does the bar. My '91, which has never had the bushing replaced, does not have this slack, nor does my frankenstrat that I bought a MannMade bridge for.

Back