Trem Bars

Murdog

Did PRS ever use a "screw in" type trem bar similar to Strats? The guitar in question is a 2015 10 top custom 24.

Please tell us you didn’t purchase something…
No I didn't. I was on a Strat forum and somebody inquired about if a Strat trem arm would fit a PRS. I replied no as they are unthreaded. He replied that I was wrong and his 2015 Core C24 did in fact have a treaded trem arm. I was 99% sure that was wrong, but wanted to verify with the experts here.

No I didn't. I was on a Strat forum and somebody inquired about if a Strat trem arm would fit a PRS. I replied no as they are unthreaded. He replied that I was wrong and his 2015 Core C24 did in fact have a treaded trem arm. I was 99% sure that was wrong, but wanted to verify with the experts here.
Whew!
Make sure to send this link to him.:)

I still don’t understand why most new fenders come with the old trem system. It’s pretty terrible. The fact you have to screw in and use a tension spring inside is pretty crazy to me nearly 70 years later. If you ask me I think callaham trem blocks are the only way to go for fenders (excluding the ultra lines which are modern). And even then they won’t come close to the beauty of a PRS trem system.

I still don’t understand why most new fenders come with the old trem system. It’s pretty terrible. The fact you have to screw in and use a tension spring inside is pretty crazy to me nearly 70 years later. If you ask me I think callaham trem blocks are the only way to go for fenders (excluding the ultra lines which are modern). And even then they won’t come close to the beauty of a PRS trem system.
I agree 100% I don't consider myself a "Strat" guy, more a guitar guy. I do have a few Strats and the trem has always been something I don't like. The jack on the front of the guitar, hate it. I have a couple of Gibson, obviously no trem, but I like the hum buckers. I feel like PRS is the "best of both worlds". They got it right on everything.

Back