Treble bleed question

It's the confusion of terms! No-load, as in open circuit, or a direct hard connection removing the resistance of the pot. I guess it depends if you've got a parallel of series connection.
I'm confident that with standard type pots, I can tell the difference in tone with either a treble bleed cap fitted or different tone cap values (provided they are different enough). I don't know enough about the circuit and pot designs to know whether the caps really are 'taken out of the circuit' on 10, or even if they are, whether the natural resistances of the rest of the circuit is enough to form a pseudo tone/vol circuit and that being the reason that I can hear a difference.

I experimented with a cheap guitar (not prs), high output ceramic humbucker bridge, 1 meg no load vol pot, and no tone circuit, and...

Dirty parts were using the bridge humbucker with 1 meg no load vol pot, while cleans and the short bluesy solo was a humbucker sized P94 to a 500k vol pot with also no tone circuit. I think I don't like tone circuits.

I actually liked the setup for my kind of music.

Dig!

Back