Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, J.

I did not know. My first post on the subject actually questioned whether or not it was okay. I have not made any sales or trades on the Forum and I do not intend to, thanks to your information.
I did get some valuable advice from people on the Forum. And that helped me to make two good trades on other sites that will bring two very nice PRS guitars to me. I am really looking forward to receiving them. Thanks, again.

Regards, Scott

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... what’s this other PRS you have coming?

Last week I traded a 1997 Gibson Switchmaster for a 2001 Paul Reed Smith McCarty Hollow Body II Piezo. I sent the Gibson out last week. And the McCarty should arrive Saturday if the scheduled delivery date is met. I tried to post a picture of the McCarty I will be getting but it would not paste. It is really nice, light tan in color.

I was originally just selling the Gibson and trying to trade the 24-08. But a dealer saw the Gibson for sale and said he would rather trade for it than the 2020 PRS 24-08. He is out West and thought he could easily sell the Gibson for a profit, but not the PRS. Interesting.

So I toyed with the idea of keeping the 24-08 for a few days and then decided to try to trade it for a PRS JA-15. The four dealers I contacted did not want to make that trade. Then someone on the Jazz Guitar Forum suggested I look into the PRS SC-J, which he suggested was a real hollow body - more so than the JA-15. So I contacted three dealers who had an SC-J guitar for sale. The first two declined. But the third one thought it over and accepted. The guitar I will be getting from him is the one I have posted a picture of earlier today.

So I am happy I am getting two great PRS hollow-body guitars without having to pay for anything but the shipping of my guitars to the respective dealers.
I feel like I have done something unusual. I know it is hard to effect trades. And these trades are for really nice guitars. I think it is an indication of how weak the market is for Jazz guitars. Rock, blues, country guitars are in. Jazz guitars are not selling well now and, I am told, have not sold well for a few years now. I guess I am just old enough to appreciate them.

Now I have to somehow live long enough to enjoy them! Evade the virus! Look both ways crossing the street, etc., etc. :)
Good talking to you again! Enjoy, life really is short!!

Regards, Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back