Total guitar length...anybody?

scottcityman

I haven't had any luck in finding these specs… Not talking scale length, but rather total length of the guitar. Are all PRS models close to the same? Anybody know the shortest model if they differ? Thanks…

A CU 22 will be shorter than a CU24 because the scale length is the same, but the neck is longer to allow the added two frets, which moves the bridge "up" the body, therefore increasing the whole guitar length.

So no, not all PRSi are the same length, even roughly.

The shortest guitar is probably a 24.5" scale length 22 fretter, like an SE ZM or Santana. (Note the Core Santana is a 24 fret model, so wil be longer).

It would be a nice spec to publish, but it does seem to be not presented anywhere official.

If I have the wherewithal one day, I may measure total length of several models, but not tonight, Josephine...

I have a P245 (24.5" Scale, 22 Fret). I'll measure it when I get back to it this evening.

Cool man. Glad I could help out. Looks to be 38.5 inches or 98cm. I measured from the bottom of the body. Not the strap pin.
28936808670_3d3d2df9d1_z.jpg

Last edited:
96 cm / 37,8 inch.

Anyone shorter?

It's my 25" scale 22 fret McCarty Narrowfield. At the lower cut, neck and body join at the 20th fret. On my other PRSi, neck and body join at the 21st fret and are therefore a bit longer.

full

Back