What should I Buy?

• PRS SE Mira

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • PRS SE Custom 24

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

hydeinthesky

Good Day Everyone

I'm HydeIntheSky from the Philippines, having a PRS Guitar is one of my dreams since I admire Carlos Santana's work, I recently found out that the Lyric Music Store is the official distributor of PRS Guitars here in the Philippines, currently I'm eyeing for two PRS SE, which is the SE Mira and the SE Custom 24, my only problem is I'm torn on which one should I buy, as I see is Mira is good, many people from other forums told me to get the Custom 24, the only problem is my money is enough only to buy the SE Mira, while SE Custom 24 is PHP 1000.00 ($19.73) higher than the Mira, while Custom 24 is 24 fret with Tremolo Bar, SE Mira is stop-tail with no Trem Bar (which is okay because I'm not a trem user), as this forums are for PRS Users, I want to know your suggestion, the difference between the two, should I buy the Mira or wait and save more for Custom 24?

I'm a guitar player that playing for over 12 years(between beginner and intermediate), but not as a pro, only for company events and events within a organization or group, I like to play blues, OPM (Original Pinoy/Philippine Music), Alternative Rock, Hard Rock occasionally metal songs.

I hope everyone can help me on my confusion.

Thanks and Regards

Hyde...Welcome, and good luck with your quest...Note: Both choices are 25" scale guitars...I'd vote for the Mira, because I like a little warmer neck pickup, which you'll get with 22 frets...and also because you don't use the trem.
It would also be a little easier to detune lower strings for "Chugga Chugga" (heavier/crunchier) sounds without messing with the trem on the Cu 24.
Now, if you feel you'd really miss those last 2 frets for the higher notes, you should save another 20.00 and get the custom 24.
Either way, you'll love it!!!!

Hyde...Welcome, and good luck with your quest...Note: Both choices are 25" scale guitars...I'd vote for the Mira, because I like a little warmer neck pickup, which you'll get with 22 frets...and also because you don't use the trem.
It would also be a little easier to detune lower strings for "Chugga Chugga" (heavier/crunchier) sounds without messing with the trem on the Cu 24.
Now, if you feel you'd really miss those last 2 frets for the higher notes, you should save another 20.00 and get the custom 24.
Either way, you'll love it!!!!
Thanks for your insight Bill this makes me feel to buy Mira hehe

Based on the Votes 3 for Mira and 3 for SE Custom 42, though it's sad that the last SE Custom 24 has now been sold! but still I will check the Mira this Friday. due to work from home, and busy weekends, plus the pandemic problem, I haven't visited the store which is a little far away from my house, I hope the Mira will still be in the store. Thanks ^^

I love how the polls right now are at 50/50.

That makes me think that you can’t go wrong with either guitar.

But, I think the Mira is better for you because you don’t use the tremolo.

I love how the polls right now are at 50/50.

That makes me think that you can’t go wrong with either guitar.

But, I think the Mira is better for you because you don’t use the tremolo.

Thanks, I will check and get the Mira on Friday, but due to selling my Marshall Amp, I cannot play it until I buy a new Amp, hahaa I sell my old guitar and Amp just to buy the Mira, hahaha the problem is I have no budget for a new Amp hahaha, but I have to buy the Mira because the next ship of stock on the store is on October and November, I decided to take the Mira, based on my style and I love how it looks, a different style of PRS Body, thanks everyone.

You’re welcome. I think you did the right thing. Play it unplugged and then you’ll get an amp when you can.

Here, I Reserved the middle Custom 24 today, and will get it on June 26 hehe,

imbBk6O

If you cannot see the picture, here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/imbBk6O

Thanks, though this is guitar is made in 2019 i don't know if this is a exotic spalted maple, it's price is a little bit highee than the Custom 24 charcoal burst, what do you think? But it's a beauty.
I think it looks hot!

Back