Top Tier PRS Dealers in the European Union

Fixed it for ya
With such a.. creative, thoughtful avatar name and the sheer eloquence of your post thereof, i am in no doubt conversing with a highly educated, cultured individual; honoured indeed.

I didn't state that they lack a physical store.
I said they're EU's largest box mover, which they are and by far.
I further elaborated on what we usually mean when we say this, in the off chance the OP was unaware.
I lastly explained why reality differs as in this instance, asterisks do apply.

That may be so (I'm not privy to their strategies) but unless you have been in their sprawling complex of in-person sales and support staff, you risk your credibility to assert they are strictly online sales (a big box store).

So again, an assertion is being made that Thomann is an internet-only retailer. They have a huge store front and hundreds on staff.

If you are saying that internet sales, in general, fall down when there are problems, I tend to agree. It adds a layer of hassle. But... any guitar shop (large or small) that is healthy is doing online sales. So this assertion applies just as much to Mom and Pop shops as it does the larger stores (Big Box or otherwise). And... the return policies for the bigger store are generally (not always) more forgiving because they aren't running on such a tight margin.

Oops, I’ve done what I normally do and say what I want without thinking ;)

You are correct, I have made an assumption about their business model. I guess what I’m trying to (poorly) say is that some business use more of a traditional store approach and sell via internet whereas others have and outlet but base their business around getting sales from a larger internet presence. They both have their place and the both have their +ve and -ve’s.

It’s a sign of the times that all companies big and small need some form of internet presence. I’m thankful for that as all of my purchases lately has been via the internet.

I would love to walk into a reasonably local store with a reasonable stock of gear and deal with them face to face but there’s nothing nearby.

Think I’m going to have to have a trip to Germany for a holiday once Covid restrictions are lifted and have a look for myself :)

Anderton’s is a family founded, owned and run business with an actual store (in Guildford). If it’s that important to you. They have a great relationship with PRS, both the company and the man himself. I’ve used them loads of times.

I’ve also used Peach. No problems with them either. Fast and efficient, good service. They both have returns policies that you can read on the web and IIRC they both ship overseas.

I think those of us outside of Germany just don't see Thomann quite the same as all we see is internet presence rather than the physical stores. I don't think anything ill was meant by the discussion and it probably comes as a bit of a surprise to learn

I go Peach with high end stuff. Saying that I went with Andertons when I was shopping for my Boogie amp.

Worldguitars used to be a thing when it comes to PRS shopping but since Jeff died they are war from being the same and usually are either out of stock or selling used. Shame though as they are 15 minutes driving from where I leave

I go Peach with high end stuff. Saying that I went with Andertons when I was shopping for my Boogie amp.

Worldguitars used to be a thing when it comes to PRS shopping but since Jeff died they are war from being the same and usually are either out of stock or selling used. Shame though as they are 15 minutes driving from where I leave
My PRS was originally sold through world guitars.

My PRS was originally sold through world guitars.

I really hope they will rebuild the past mojo. As much as I wanted to go local with WG - simply I had nothing to chose from. I miss Jeff and his unboxing YT videos. Such a character, such a legend. Not really sure who runs WG now. I will try to pop in after lockdown and reintroduce myself

Back