Too white???

BrianC

more toys than talent
Is it just me or are the current rings WAAAAAY too white??? I just bought a new PRS core model with a vintage vibe and the rings are neon white!

A bit of an off white / cream color would look so much better. My older PRS's all have rings that look perfect.

Yes I know I can change them that's not the point.

Does the old coffee stain trick work with these rings? I know it works on Fender knobs and pickup covers. Or you could yellow them under the sun/sunlamp I suppose. I haven't been lucky enough to have this as a problem myself.

Funny you should say this, I was changing out the rings on my DC22 the other day (one is cracked) to the new universal style with the recess for the pickup height screw head, and thought exactly the same thing. Ended up putting the original ones back in, the whiter ones just didn't work.

I'm sure they'd work on a less vintage inspired guitar though.

Yeah, I'm racist, too, I don't even like the cream ones. I'm going to swap them all out for black.

Last edited:
Now, the fifth daughter on the twelfth night
Told the first father that things weren't right
"My complexion, " she said, "is much too white"
He said, "Come here and step into the light" he says, "Hmm, you're right
Let me tell the second mother this has been done"

But the second mother was with the seventh son
And they were both out on Highway 61

-- B. Dylan, 1965

Does the old coffee stain trick work with these rings? I know it works on Fender knobs and pickup covers. Or you could yellow them under the sun/sunlamp I suppose. I haven't been lucky enough to have this as a problem myself.
Cold Coffee,20 minute soak, rinse and wipe dry, you should be good to go.

I thought so too when I updated to the new rings on my HBII, but I warmed to them quickly enough. Then again my guitar is turquoise, so not exactly vintage vibe...

Back