Tone pros avt II

Dizzyg12

I asked this in the PTC but no responses so I'll try here

Everything I can find on the tone pros adj stoptail, the avt-II, indicates its a 12" radius, but our prs SE guitars are 10" radius. Does anyone know what tone pros fits the SE radius? I see the Akesson has a tone pros. Is that an avt-II? Is it a 12" radius on that guitar?

Or is it the prs designed adjustable stoptail and if so I guess the prs designed one is made to fit the 10" radius on the SEs?

Not really sure if I'm answering your question, but I used to use the AVT II on an old SE Singlecut. I loved it and felt it worked great....good sustain, too. As to the radius, I'm really not sure but I believe those old SE Singlecuts had a 10" radius, just like they do now. I've since sold the guitar but still have the bridge.

I was changing strings on my Akesson today and took my bridge off and checked, and it is indeed the AVT II. I've not noticed any problems as far as the radius, and I LOVE having it on my guitar. Really glad the new Zach Myers is gonna have it!

Are these different then the ones that PRS was using for their past SE guitars? I had one on my Cantonese and was not impressed... Liked the locking studs though.

Interesting question. The Tone Pros AVT II seems like to be a 12" radius, i think is not an impossible difference for a guitar with a 10" fingerboard radius.
By reading the specifics of two SE models, you can see "Tone Pros" for the Akesson bridge and "PRS" for the Zach Myers bridge; i'm wondering if they are two different bridges, and what's wrong for Sergio in the old versions?

Interesting question. The Tone Pros AVT II seems like to be a 12" radius, i think is not an impossible difference for a guitar with a 10" fingerboard radius.
By reading the specifics of two SE models, you can see "Tone Pros" for the Akesson bridge and "PRS" for the Zach Myers bridge; i'm wondering if they are two different bridges, and what's wrong for Sergio in the old versions?

yeah that's what I wonder. Is the tone pros specially made for prs with a 10" radius or is mismatched and it just doesn't matter like some people say it does?

This is what I put on my SE SC. Love it and it adjusts to 10 or 12 and looks dang sexy!!!!
http://www.schroederguitars.com/buy/guitar-parts/schroeder-adjustable-stoptail-bridge

They even notch the brass saddles for another 10 bucks!!!!

When they say it's adjustable, how so? Do you have to file saddles or is a non Invasive adjustment?

When they say it's adjustable, how so? Do you have to file saddles or is a non Invasive adjustment?
Easily adapts to a 10” or 12” radius: The out-of-the-box bridge radius is 11” making it easily adjustable to 10” or 12” radius by fine tuning the saddles during setup. (If installing on a 10” radius fingerboard, slightly deepen the outer saddle slots. If installing on a 12” radius fingerboard, slightly deepen the inner saddle slots. Check out the FAQ page for further instructions.)

Easily adapts to a 10” or 12” radius: The out-of-the-box bridge radius is 11” making it easily adjustable to 10” or 12” radius by fine tuning the saddles during setup. (If installing on a 10” radius fingerboard, slightly deepen the outer saddle slots. If installing on a 12” radius fingerboard, slightly deepen the inner saddle slots. Check out the FAQ page for further instructions.)

I've used one of these but keep in mind it's lighter than the Tonepros or the PRS adjustable and with those brass saddles, it's got a slightly different tone, a little more high end, very reminiscent of the 2 pc bridge.

Back