Tone change on s2 cu24 with USA components

Eddie kim

if I upgrade the electronics on my s2 to core line electronics, will my tone change for the better? Is this upgrade worth while?

Thanks

"Better" is completely relative. It could be different, tho. I prefer the lower physical resistance and smoothness of the core pots.

It's mostly about the feel. I haven't played a more recent S2, but I hated the volume controls on the 2014 model I had. The pots were not smooth turning and got scratchy in a very short time. I love the feel of the Core pots and the treble bleed cap will keep the tone from getting muffled as you turn down. Not sure if S2 models usually have that or not.

In my opinion, the push/pull pots and tone capacitors they use are great and I see no reason to swap those.

It's mostly about the feel. I haven't played a more recent S2, but I hated the volume controls on the 2014 model I had. The pots were not smooth turning and got scratchy in a very short time. I love the feel of the Core pots and the treble bleed cap will keep the tone from getting muffled as you turn down. Not sure if S2 models usually have that or not.

In my opinion, the push/pull pots and tone capacitors they use are great and I see no reason to swap those.
agreed. If I changed anything on my S2 it would be the volume pot, and that's all. Mostly for the feel, I like the light touch the core ones need. The S2 doesn't sound like it has a treble bleed but it doesn't seem lacking when you roll off. Maybe just cos I have a starla and it is trebly in the first place

Back