Toggle vs. Blade Switch - Which do you Prefer?

Blade for sure. Toggle seems stop working more frequently to me. Also I can't understand people saying that it's strangely positioned on PRSs. I love that position because I grab it like an handbrake. :)

For me toggle with some push/pull or mini switch for splitting is the best option. More precise when playing a gig and more options available

Toggler.

But, I wouldn't spurn a good blade.

1476095241-blade-marvel-snipes.jpg

For me toggle with some push/pull or mini switch for splitting is the best option. More precise when playing a gig and more options available

I'm also in this camp. Switch with push pulls (or push/push) or mini switches for coil splitting options.

I sold a 408 and got a 2012 Signature Limited for this reason. For me, on the 408 and on many PRS with blades (and trems), the blade is in the wrong position and the trem arm always end up resting above the blade. So I'm constantly fiddling around the trem arm to change pickup position. Of the modern ones I prefer the piezo models for this reason, and I have a custom 22 piezo that works really well because of the piezo options they've moved the blade much further forward and it's much easier to operate.

I’m fine with either. I’ve played Fenders, Hamers, and of course, PRSi since 1989. It’s like anything else: if you work with it long enough, you can get used to anything. I played professionally for almost 40 years, and when you travel you have to get used to switching guitars during the show...which means you have to know your gear. And, if you’re working as a “hired gun”, you need to learn the artist’s set list, and try to get as close to the tones on their records, as possible...or you don’t get hired back, or get a good recommendation.
Don’t let the switch issue get in your head. Guitars are tools: practice with it, and before you know it it’ll be second nature.

Back