Toggle switch problem on new SE 245

Angus Wallace

Killer guitar. Got it a few days ago. Love it. Toggle switch went yesterday, however. The outer toggle seemingly just detaches from the inner chassis. I reattached everything, tightened and it was good a few switches before again just letting go (no toggle 100% loose movable 360 degrees so obviously not attached to inner switch.)

Not used as a KILL SWITCH so no abuse or anything. The folks where I bought it are awesome so I know there will be no problem resolving this - just wondering if anything similar has happened to anyone?

Cheers from Mattawa, Ontario, Canada

I have had a switch on one of my SE's get a little wonky every once in a great while. But it's an easy fix, and if your shop won't fix it PRS will likely send you a replacement switch to install yourself.

One word... switchcraft! Fixed all my pains on mine.

One word... switchcraft! Fixed all my pains on mine.
Yeah, that's what I put in whenever I need a replacement and they hold up nicely. And I tend to beat on my switches since I use them as kill switches a lot.

Killer guitar. Got it a few days ago. Love it. Toggle switch went yesterday, however. The outer toggle seemingly just detaches from the inner chassis. I reattached everything, tightened and it was good a few switches before again just letting go (no toggle 100% loose movable 360 degrees so obviously not attached to inner switch.)

Not used as a KILL SWITCH so no abuse or anything. The folks where I bought it are awesome so I know there will be no problem resolving this - just wondering if anything similar has happened to anyone?

This happened to my PRS Se Custom 24 about a month after purchasing it. It’s an easy fix, but a little annoying considering it’s a brand new guitar.

just wondering if anything similar has happened to anyone?

Yep, I bought a new SE SC Akerfeldt with a 3-position switch that was wonky from day 1, and I just acquired a lightly used 2018 SE Custom 22 for my son and the switch on it feels like it's about to go. Strange how such a simple issue has persisted in a QA-obsessed environment like PRS...at least it's a simple fix for the shop, or the owner.

Back