Toggle help for 1994 CE22

boardn10

Hey guys, been trying for a while to find a toggle switch to work in my 1994 CE22.
I even contacted PRS and the one they suggested did not fit. It wasn't that the hole had to be routed, it wasn't deep enough.
Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks.

Sorry guys, I forgot I already have a thread for this, but can't seem to delete this one.

Hey guys, been trying for a while to find a toggle switch to work in my 1994 CE22.
I even contacted PRS and the one they suggested did not fit. It wasn't that the hole had to be routed, it wasn't deep enough.
Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks.
You're saying the threaded shaft wasn't long enough to go all the way through the top? And you couldn't get the nut on it?

Just talked to my tech. I had these sitting in my parts drawers and he said these are perfect. Ugh.
I thought I was doing the right thing asking PRS and spending $40 on that toggle. :(

So odd PRS told me I needed that toggle they had me buy. Ugh.
The guitars that came with a toggle have extra wood carved out inside the cavity to fit those. Maybe they were unclear that you were modding a rotary equipped guitar?

Hopefully one of those toggles you already had works, sometimes they’re too long and can hit the backplate.

Hmm good point. The rotary is sort of useless to me so I never use this guitar.
I've had friends and guys online tell me they've converted to toggle so I know it can be done.
PRS makes shorter toggle switches for their SE guitars. Maybe one of those would work.

The guitars that came with a toggle have extra wood carved out inside the cavity to fit those. Maybe they were unclear that you were modding a rotary equipped guitar?

Hopefully one of those toggles you already had works, sometimes they’re too long and can hit the backplate.
I was pretty clear with him that it was a 1994 CE with rotary. He even mentioned his familiarity with that model and what's needed. Oh well.
It worked.

Back