Today is Django Reinhardt's 113th Birthday!

I would probably know that if I ever left my house.

You do know you can watch movies at home now, right? I mean, I know the stereotypes about old people and technology, but this has been a thing for decades now.

8c8da43d74078dca454580910459c22d.jpg

With the right technology, multiple people can even watch different movies!

People+Watching+TV+(20).jpg

I'd say it's like something out of the Jetsons, but I don't want to shock your system with that reference. Buck Rogers, maybe?

You do know you can watch movies at home now, right? I mean, I know the stereotypes about old people and technology, but this has been a thing for decades now.

8c8da43d74078dca454580910459c22d.jpg

With the right technology, multiple people can even watch different movies!

People+Watching+TV+(20).jpg

I'd say it's like something out of the Jetsons, but I don't want to shock your system with that reference. Buck Rogers, maybe?
Hey! I am so freakin' with it, pal.

I have Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Disney Plus, and all the other ten zillion movie doodads, many of which are bundled with my ridiculously overpriced home entertainment/high speed internet/home alarm system subscription.

I mean, WTF.

Granted, I don't actually watch these channels - by choice I do not watch them. The reason I know I subscribe to these junky channels is because I pay for them so OTHER family members can watch them.

Why do I choose to be ignorant of much of pop culture? Hey, it's not that I'm a Luddite. It's because:

1. I write music at night. It's far more joyful for me to create whatever I create than watch movie fluff that's too often formulaic and derivative.

Not that my music isn't fluff. It may very well BE fluff. I just don't KNOW it's fluff! Do not disabuse me of the illusion that I actually do something worthwhile with my time on this planet!! ;)

2. After I'm done composing I read actual books. I love to read! I read hundreds of books. They're mostly scholarly books on history, and that's my sweet spot. There's nothing scholarly about history on TV or in films. My goodness, they have NO CLUE.

3. My millions of adoring female fans need me to post constantly on female fan forums.

4. I totally made up the part about millions of female fans. I have no fans. But everything else is true!! ;)

Back