Today I'm Thankful...

Today is Tuesday 10-6-2015, and I'm simply thankful to be alive and able to enjoy my life. I hope you all have a good day today.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Wednesday 10-7-2015, and today I'm thankful for music and everything that it gives me.

Lloyd

My best friend has been in a coma for the past week and has critically ill. In the last 48hrs all the machines that have been keeping him alive have become unnecessary and have been removed and all of the (numerous) drugs reduced. He briefly opened his eyes at 5am this morning.

I'm not sure how today could be any better (realistically).

If your today is bad just remember you have no idea just how good your tomorrow could be. Keep the faith my brothers.

My best friend has been in a coma for the past week and has critically ill. In the last 48hrs all the machines that have been keeping him alive have become unnecessary and have been removed and all of the (numerous) drugs reduced. He briefly opened his eyes at 5am this morning.

I'm not sure how today could be any better (realistically).

If your today is bad just remember you have no idea just how good your tomorrow could be. Keep the faith my brothers.

Good news, brother! Here's hoping tom'w is better, and the day after better still.

Saturday 10-10-2015, and I'm thankful for my health. I have my problems, but I'm holding my own. My problems are nothing compared to some people, and I hope to always remember that.

Have as great a weekend as possible everybody!

Lloyd/Goldtop

It's Sunday 10-11-2015, and today I'm thankful that I've been able to pay a few bills this month. That means I've got a roof over my head for the rest of the month. And hopefully beyond. :p

Goldtop Lloyd

It's Sunday 10-11-2015, and today I'm thankful that I've been able to pay a few bills this month. That means I've got a roof over my head for the rest of the month. And hopefully beyond. :p

Goldtop Lloyd

Yep, that's always a biggie

Monday 10-12-2015. Today I'm thankful for the new week and all the possibilities it holds.

Happy Monday Everybody!

Goldtop/Lloyd

Today is Tuesday 10-13-2014, and I'm thankful to my mechanic Mike. My pickup has had a headlight problem for weeks. Sometimes they work fine, other times they're so dim they're almost off. Thursday I was at his shop, and he finally traced it to a broken ground wire. This morning I left home at 3AM, and I could SEE!

(Mike knows about me and guitars, so when he discovered the wire, he asked me why I hadn't found it myself. I told him it wasn't my fault; my pickup didn't have a humbucker...)

Goldtop Lloyd

Today, Oct 16th 2015, I'm thankful because I'm alive, I'm OK and I'm recovering well from the surgery I had 2 weeks ago. Life is beautiful, don't waste it...

Saturday 10-17-2015. Today I'm thankful because it's the weekend, I feel good, the sounds I've been making with my SE One have been great (if I do say so myself), I've got a six pack of Cokes in my fridge, my beloved Drag Races are in Texas this weekend (down near Dallas in Ennis), I've got a trip planned to my neighborhood bookstore tonight... Just a fine day all the way around.

May you all be just as fortunate. Have a Good One Everybody!

Lloyd/Goldtop

Sunday Oct. 18, 2015. Today I'm thankful because it's Sunday. For so many of my working years I worked weekends and holidays; they were just another day. But now I can enjoy those days. Sundays now are when I can rest, make plans for the week ahead, work around the house, and just recharge my batteries. I like Sundays...

Goldtop Lloyd

Thursday 10-22-2015, and today I'm thankful for water. Since Monday afternoon, the water in my building has been shut off several times. Late Tuesday night the cold was turned back on, but as of today we still don't have any hot. I'm taking it in stride - what else can you do? - but some of the older, more uhhh... demanding tenants have been complaining and making life as miserable as possible for anyone who'll listen. As if that helps anything. The latest word is that hopefully the problem will be solved sometime Friday morning.

On a more positive note, it's been raining here off and on since Monday. I love the rain. The way the air smells when the rain is coming, and the way it smells once it stops... beautiful. Plus, with the plumbing problems I mentioned, we've been able to go shower out in the yard! Cool! :p *

Goldtop Lloyd

* I'm joking about taking a shower outside... This ain't Arkansas!

**I'm joking about Arkansas too. This is Texas. Everybody knows we never bathe!

On a more positive note, it's been raining here off and on since Monday. I love the rain. The way the air smells when the rain is coming, and the way it smells once it stops... beautiful. Plus, with the plumbing problems I mentioned, we've been able to go shower out in the yard! Cool! :p *

I'm thankful I had children who were willing to embrace a good hard rain and not be embarassed when I'd take them out to dance in it.
But I will be bathing when I head to Texas next week.

Thursday 10-22-2015, and today I'm thankful for water. Since Monday afternoon, the water in my building has been shut off several times. Late Tuesday night the cold was turned back on, but as of today we still don't have any hot. I'm taking it in stride - what else can you do? - but some of the older, more uhhh... demanding tenants have been complaining and making life as miserable as possible for anyone who'll listen. As if that helps anything. The latest word is that hopefully the problem will be solved sometime Friday morning.

Goldtop Lloyd

I hear that a lot more rain for forecast for your state this week. Take it while you can get it (and send some to California please). We have had a lot of hype about El Nino, but so far no rains......Hope your plumbing problems are resolved soon.

I hear that a lot more rain for forecast for your state this week. Take it while you can get it (and send some to California please). We have had a lot of hype about El Nino, but so far no rains......Hope your plumbing problems are resolved soon.
CVS,

Thanks very much for that. I'm sorry for taking this long to reply, but I've been in the shower! The maint. guys had our water problems fixed by Friday morning, and since then I've been back on my two-a-day schedule. Life is good!

I wish I could do something to help California. There's been so much rain in most of Texas and along the Gulf Coast, and I'd be glad to share. Just this weekend the F1 race in Austin has had several delays because of the rain.

Goldtop Lloyd

Back