To the moderator who removed my thread

charliefrench

Dear Moderator

I see that the thread "A fair exchange" that I created yesterday in section 'General Discussion' has been removed.

This thread featured my discovery that someone is willing to exchange a guitar (I won't name the brand now, not PRS) for a portable telephone. I did not include a link to the sale or even name the website in case some would believe I was trying to move a guitar myself. I was not promoting the sale or the brand.

My message, if it was not immediately apparent, was to imply "wow you can get a decent guitar for your used portable telephone and how sad I thought it was that someone would be willing to casually let go of a guitar for such a thing".

I am not looking for an argument but an explanation as to why it has been removed would be very welcome.

I have considered the possibilities. It could be related to something posted later in this thread that I have not seen. If the reason for removal might embarrass another member then I am fine with a private message. Otherwise, staying public might be helpful to others as well as myself. Thank you.

I looked back and I think it was deleted by accident. (it was lumped together with a few spam threads.

Sorry about that!

when I first glanced at the original thread, my impression was a 'for sale' or spam thread.
I didn't actually read it thoroughly and just moved on.
Curiosity made me read this thread, and I see I was wrong and that your writing is intelligent and well thought out.

Apologies.....

Again, thank you to the moderators and those that commented above. When I saw that the thread was no longer visible I really was concerned that I may have unwittingly upset somebody. Was happy to learn this was not the case.

So I would like to put the cork onto this thread and end it now by suggesting the next poster buys the beer :)

Back