To PRS or to MusicMan? dilemma!

Yeah, that is one of the features of this one that makes it so unique at CE price level. The hollow birds are the ones I like the most.

I think that is the way to go really, thanks. The MM will still be there for long time, the PRS only for one more week. Also, selling this Schecter is proven to be tough and I'd want to have only one 7 strings at a given time.

On thing about the MM is that since January it has increased price $200, if it keeps going up it will go far from my comfort zone. I do not think I can buy another + $3k guitar after my WL.

BTW. here is a few picture of it, I never posted the NGD pics. My phone camera is crap and does not make justice to the guitar.

j1yiNz2O0Ns9NfInn2etrIY-6DuEeWxFA6BmuhHcDsFlPhy707qG6rYmTOhI3rdxK_jmKEUi2L9NXR18U_xFpDwdV_IXr5CYymF2e9rWkb6-wuJPgIgh9vqzwZJeK9mX7eY7vJcqfo1319B8CrJWOXwwG7UZCNUnaq6D-IUSAgyudcYUYR6EJLqnoMLDePKKPgDxZgUuKE8mT2iYGObovh6D1PyCKYAv-mhYDdElywBwflSZjHBXwV5-JhG-6BpzES2JOYnfriZK42hUdhqAUdatufg2QMXmV4ST0qQtQ-0DNiPfXKvXDknpoAkEtwX3CO2efc2KoxfxC_GaLS7ztQ_v0YK6L1M8t1LdSw194WsF_ma8v_ksSZdzBohpsTM_vtUiq0XbHOtqRWa4L1VlYaTumUhIDkfbKNJkr3IPve_yJp_b_IfTFO8lvxCegCLIq7_FM0V5-MlP9YS3kfeUWPoDInleslytaMrrVpYu4J5s9HAWWDzbNS6YrbrmT5E8h-4RliqDqoGfF0Y9HcaJqnnok7jM-zTcJV5xi4C0SYYZaDqyihoOcdfl6NbreEbQInkv4eewUI4SlmsTdFMtDVBuHYh9hUmQfqQuxGx7gVrNSACvHC18Lu-z0ilg7_3Zor0nCKD911jIgn9SXadw7qLHc5zQlKwSGg=w894-h671-no

t9vRZgtMlDR-AGa5nea9w-f1WUWxeXwDbNSuL4dw-spKvUKIG06Vk7zd5r3twCKCHUZbSCtZM5qPvHXQ3z1w4OZ-K8Cfw0MtQjiZQAfXWJValmuFTcnm0_OwW1scE7iXotw-eNvDVWcnbl4Rapk3qdiaI2pzpqOJLOTfJ6XRxeTIe31XC2XnId49QkWZb5P2rdX4ad8zjWBxvFnrO8j9qY3oPnz59w2bx76CkqDxhELzpKt98mI2FNQDuawCPb_b8WTDfVIuF31c3txIQWu9EGfQVX8LHbCCDeWUjmox6yTOH-UK_G6UWhewjIXHkB5TjIVAAxD6sfkXVsvSVHnrkw9BYZ1_bbk2-SgW075J9QaC5Yi8SH8gG4KXOY9aq57JwANowbxRdUC-Qpmx74Krh-ENezyLn_M2UwyomN5RVQ1jCnObFjn9BsOqsX8tJWr3uWWsfqys9K6JFOfKrYExNtxQu4Aw8LfoM3_YiduwIcGsHU2hUz9aN3-neOiBrUhSJNQ0xeizWwzvDUnsswvf0WyddBkaRZSlELLe7aCV8iyPpqb8H2ucgW4VsrvBMB2OVgfARGLBRR8PyvcGK-VMEdHnU4Ia_ZsM9Z2gqAga=w894-h671-no

fEoVqYckRMKIg5YhzvhXY4gxm48kdGuvBowEWhpT3kLIzT88odml2kjrOe0qbcenwOUoVM1gPsOsbeiWlyunjo3fgynLdrQfho-GiKmojm5bTrA8yrhPDnI8ZoDJpYkjgcvVqyTLtrpPrFAt27CGEOFVzTvAj5bwE-YaEDEen8pOUF99SsCCQfz7n7RFUZwBPSu3GIuQYTBIxWktHCZ2RTCULYToQcmh45ruYIlTQ4GLyQMNVFi0VhUkr4bD4zQP_vvbwNpKIcyNx5JdGOf8WKee1pemxdAVCibFU0NKKhAQN_sKBjxZNAVeHxz6gnpEfL9bHUtFjNg-8AW4-gBCgSuqxi2_RT1U1BHTh-pro_nKN_EgHcDnlkRNv3N4RWLGi5jUwQ4YZeDSJKRCZCpOf1e0fFfFGwjXMJJR7dqj3FiJGCydzxcghiWOuv_9GnfLKlCq_Uh-WH7aFCgA4iXkUnp4e5ijjZ5UKz2Jp8CoP2uYzz8vgndpkjEP8qGbBMkl_64xdbH2GkC7y13GUMsABOpiMcZ4Dy3hWhWaCJSJd0jscGyDaTEaa3PmOeY3GqRzJ6vr4lK7w1rTSUXMPpiiqH3TdVSF1cOczmGN0qIj=w503-h670-no

5CRHLSdXLHMhs3BjS7EcZoF6lrWFVlGmCyL3yJ8hyf_vOIpD4rhQoVrWSJr8F489bWjh1knzCXELoFZL4kcgG19VagvtS791s9aYEhKcujcVTXWj_Xr4Uy_GEZpX1a3tb-WO0us06Zke01BKDi2xijN_wEJu_qR-KNRU-5es_lJ488zvTGwx2MYUsAVzSote3jvsbS8s5_hcm0ME1omkcvXgV0ysMpBeUwVU-2sVutVNjPMTn5gU3Tu4MjFFsp4wE9-b4FQKGG9W03QlKwsQtjbdlvJ2OqVCZMLEBA6dXIbEazfjJXsT0nCx2V8djYpNA5QBMWQuBRMqsSui9Un443Vq3V-nSLSj0MPNMpkA-yokXJH411pAbOeEthxz35icUYG8ztVzIULAVoDwaHBjl3yE2X_WjhbWY2B4Sq56Ry5DEE6sb4az0xYRk2h-bl3utGwniKH9fB6UwsSXSyc-ci7TxjzuK-b50sxgX48NMQSCsaJZmb6tNaythLF2c7G-3jC8mpl5Ay-oILwu40IvAuj9dtY2xX3TgK5lCtdSu-BsGq1UkUXNnCBVbfsNnkYjXxOJQw8pzpd7K_uKPHt-9IKhsVGwx5kmEk6f9JX-=w503-h670-no

Es9wmhFT6slaCvoz2
Good God...beauty!

I feel your pain, I have a Custom 24 and was going to get a EBMM JP15 or Monarchy Majesty...then the DW CE had to be released. Although I loved both the JP15 and the Majesty, they were kind of uncomfortable for me to sit down and play. Plus I wouldn't utilize the piezo enough and there is a lot going on electronics-wise.

Plus I got a chance to check out BTBAM earlier this month and see Dustie rock out on his new signature axe.

Plus I like the mojo tones over the Dimarzio pickups.

Well, let me tell you guys that in the end I went for the DW CE. It is on order now and I suppose it will take a couple of months before it is ready. I got a pretty good deal so that was another point in a favor.

I am crossing fingers I get a nice looking top!

Last edited:
Well, let me tell you guys that in the end I went for the DW CE. It is on order now and I suppose it will take a couple of months before it is ready. I got a pretty good deal so that was another point in a favor.

I am crossing fingers I get a nice looking top!

What finish did you end up going for?

Nice.

I just traded my 2014 6-string Majesty Arctic Dream for a new PRS Custom 22. Best decision. I found the Majesty quality pretty poor for the price. I could've had a bum guitar but I've played some others in stores and found the quality lacking. Just my opinion. However, PRS seems to be top notch.

Nice.

I just traded my 2014 6-string Majesty Arctic Dream for a new PRS Custom 22. Best decision. I found the Majesty quality pretty poor for the price. I could've had a bum guitar but I've played some others in stores and found the quality lacking. Just my opinion. However, PRS seems to be top notch.

Oh really? I would not have expected that? How did you feel the SS frets? That is something that attracts me along with the neck profile and radius.

I love my CU24 Floyd. It is for sure the best sounding guitar I have ever had (Clean and Dirty). Those Metal pickups are very good.
On the play ability I am still getting used to the Radius and Neck profile. I like super low action and I feel that on a 10" Radius I cannot accomplish it without considerable fret buzz. I am also acostumed to ultra thin necks. however, every day I play it, I forget the feeling of other guitars and get more attracted to my beloved PRS.

On the DW CE I wanna feel what is the deal with that custom neck carve.

One of the issues I had was the frets - they were very sharp at the edges (it was not a humidity/dry issue), not rolled or nicely finished. I have a Parker Fly with SS frets - so much better of a guitar. I had other issues with the Majesty also - I don't want to blast the guitar as maybe I had a lemon or I expected more for the price, but some of the common issues with the Majesty are hardware finish wear, tuning stability, the trem was finicky to deal with. The radius is 17, and I could not get the action as low as I like it.

Right, I might in the future try one out anyway. If there was a core 7 Strings I would consider it instead of the Majesty. PRS should keep offering metal oriented guitars, I feel they sale very good. That DW CE should be a production model and there should be a fixed bridge and 7 strings core production models.

The one I am looking at too is the S2 Standard Satin Charcoal. It has a mean look, only problem is the lack of bird inlays.

Nice.

ok..lets not be out on Mars on this one. MM makes just a good a guitar as PRS, and because they far different from each other, they can co-exist and not step on each others feet. I know this is the PRS forum, but spreading false info is in rather poor taste. I'm glad you like your custom 22. If its the guitar for you, that's great, but don't say another company's quality lacks when the overwhelming consensus is that MM's instruments are darn near flawless.

Lets not forget that MM has what PRS does not, which are SEVERAL high profile virtuoso musicians playing their stuff. That says something. We aren't talking the Dusty Warings and Carlos Santanas of the world. When you can claim Van Halen and Petrucci, nothing more needs to be said.

Spreading false info? As I said in my posts, its my opinion, not false info. There are threads about issues I mentioned (as there are with all products). The guitar ended up not being for me. Has nothing to do with MM. The Axis' I played have been great btw. Sorry you misinterpreted and perhaps I should have explained better that it was my opinion.

Spreading false info? As I said in my posts, its my opinion, not false info. There are threads about issues I mentioned (as there are with all products). The guitar ended up not being for me. Has nothing to do with MM. The Axis' I played have been great btw. Sorry you misinterpreted and perhaps I should have explained better that it was my opinion.

Nothing wrong with your post. You did state that it was your opinion. 'Nuff said.

You're all good, bro.

Let me clarify. Firstly, an apology if you took my post the wrong way. Not intended.

My personal stance is that while we can all have opinions and are all entitled to them, there is a certain amount of social media responsibility we must practice when posting. This is a forum that is read by who knows how many people. It doesn't matter what the reality is, but saying that the quality of something is lacking, opinion or not, is going to be read by others and possibly influence others actions. You can unintentionally hurt other companies or individuals when making blanket statements in a public setting with no evidence to substantiate the claim. Music man is a company who's reputation for "quality" is beyond question and they have earned that and deserve that respect. It's kind of like the "Beware of Dealer" posts on TGP where someone will throw a company completely under the bus for one deal that didn't go quite well, and in turn really really damages that companies reputation over what could have been a minor and/or honest mistake. Now the 50,000 people that may read that post will think twice about purchasing from dealer X, when the reality is that Dealer X may have done nothing wrong. I don't know. Maybe I think along different lines than most folks.

I've had over a half-dozen Music Man guitars and a couple of basses, and the quality is top notch, indeed. Never had a problem with any of them: fretwork, tuning stability, action, neck...all excellent, just like with PRS.

And they are definitely apples and oranges. To me, the Custom 24 is nothing like a Petrucci.

PRS and EBMM are the only guitars I would buy (and have bought) brand new, sight unseen.

Moderators, it's time to delete this thread. People are discussing non PRS guitars.

Heaven forbid.

Back