To get or not to get a Fiore...

DarkskyZ

Forever noodling but loving it.
I am in a bit of a « struggle » at the moment (very relative of course but hey this is Internet right ?).
I am trying to decide if buying a Fiore is in my future.
The problem is not if I can buy it, I sure can but I just can’t decide if I shall do so.

First of all is it a model that will add anything to PRS guitars I already own ? Very mondane question to ask but that is key to my decision.
I own a Special SH Ltd and an American Silver Sky. Love them both, for their sound and playability. The Silver Sky made me love the S Style single coil guitar where the American Elite Strat I had before didn't do anything really. The SSH Ltd is my most prized guitar and both of those are the ones I would walk out the door of my burning house.
But I am wondering if the Fiore would maybe crossing path with what I already have. To answer that, know that I don’t gig so no guitar switching problem here so that is just tone differences and overall abilities I am talking about. That is to say, is there anything a Fiore would allow me to do that my SS and SSH wouldn't. I can't seem to really answer that very question.

I have no way to try a Fiore as there is just one PRS dealer, 2 hours drive away from me and they don’t stock any Fiore so I am out of luck.

Next question if the first one leans towards getting a Fiore, then which color ? I don't want the black, the white would be better with see through paint IMHO, the red is great in that perspective but it is so very... red and the blue is just not my thing. So I would go for Amaryllis or Sugar Moon. Can't decide this either.

For less that a Fiore I could also get a used Narrowfield Swamp Ash Special 25th Anniversary but to me this is even more of a crossover with the guitars I already have. Maybe I am wrong, I am not sure.

That means lots of wonderings here, Thought I would just throw it out there so that maybe you can give some much needed advice. And please, I don't want to buy a new guitar just for the sake of it, I have other guitars too, no need to push me

Lastly, please excuse my English if it stands out as gibberish, I am French so I am literally writing in a foreign language (to me) here.

I have an SSH, and I love it. But I think it's very different from a Fiore.

The stuff a Fiore does isn't really my thing. However, that doesn't mean it isn't your thing. Another one to consider, that's no longer made, would be a CU 22 Soapbar.

Last edited:
The first Fiore I played just didn't make me fall in love , it was a new model getting top dollar , tried to do a partal trade but the $$$ just didn't work.
I later found a nice deal on a used one and I love the black I ended up with.
It is very different from the SSH and the SS IMHO. all the pickups in the Fiore are pretty low output and the guitar loves to be played aggressively and it sustains for days.
So far it is a keeper.
The Fiore is very different from the Silver Sky feel and tone wise to me
My advice is search for a used Fiore then you can flip it if its not your thing ( lets just say I have seen some deals on them out there )

SSH , Fiore by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/

I have an SSH, and I love it. But I think it's very different from a Fiore.

The stuff a Fiore does isn't really my thing. However, that doesn't mean it isn't your thing. Another one to consider, that's no longer made, would be a CU 22 Soapbar.

I am on the lookout for a CU 22 soapbar already, I do have a soapbar Larrivée RS2 I would like to upgrade to a soapbar PRS and so that one is on my list. Thanks !

The first Fiore I played just didn't make me fall in love , it was a new model getting top dollar , tried to do a partal trade but the $$$ just didn't work.
I later found a nice deal on a used one and I love the black I ended up with.
It is very different from the SSH and the SS IMHO. all the pickups in the Fiore are pretty low output and the guitar loves to be played aggressively and it sustains for days.
So far it is a keeper.
The Fiore is very different from the Silver Sky feel and tone wise to me
My advice is search for a used Fiore then you can flip it if its not your thing ( lets just say I have seen some deals on them out there )

SSH , Fiore by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/
Thanks for your input. Good to hear from someone that have the same guitars I do.
Unfortunately Fiores are hard to come by new here so no chance I can find a used one anytime soon. They also cost 2700€ in most places...

Decisions, decisions...

Don't stop, get it get it! Kidding, but I enjoy my Amaryllis Fiore very much, so much that I sold my SS which I liked. Just bonded with the sounds better that came from it and love the versatility, particularly running the bridge humbucker in series parallel with the neck and bridge. Check out Dave's, got mine there for a great price. Good luck.

Don't stop, get it get it! Kidding, but I enjoy my Amaryllis Fiore very much, so much that I sold my SS which I liked. Just bonded with the sounds better that came from it and love the versatility, particularly running the bridge humbucker in series parallel with the neck and bridge. Check out Dave's, got mine there for a great price. Good luck.
I am sure Dave is great to deal with but I am in France so that will not work unfortunately.

OK so update on this... After emailing many PRS dealers in Europe, I managed to find one in Sugar Moon that is less than 7 Lbs (3,14kg).
Waiting for UPS to ring my bell anytime now. Can't wait.

After getting a used SE HB II just about 2 weeks ago, I will have to temper down a little while I still have a SAS or P90 Cu24 in mind down the road... I will have to sell some of my Larrivées before I do that though, missing funds and room on my guitar wall to go any further.

It seems you have the GAS itch. I would say buy new or used so you may try it out if it's your thing. If you conclude that it's not, resell it. If you're at a loss, consider it as renting the guitar.

It seems you have the GAS itch. I would say buy new or used so you may try it out if it's your thing. If you conclude that it's not, resell it. If you're at a loss, consider it as renting the guitar.
Before I got back into guitar I was an avid competition rifle / pistol shooter and GAS has always been a part of me. Taming it is my goal, can't just cure it :cool:

You just need like, 15-20 PRS and then you kinda slow down*

*unless you’re 11top
Man, I just don’t swim in that end of the pool! I’m thinking 3-5 guitars in the stable, not all PRS. My thoughts, cover the strat-ish, tele-ish, Humbucker hard tail (Les Paul, 594 ?) sounds and feel. Maybe a hollow body and probably an acoustic. To tie back to the OP and the Fiore - I’m fascinated with the Fiore, I love the look and the apparent versatility. I wonder how it would fit into my little imaginary stable above (my current stable is an SE custom 22). In my end of the pool, a Fiore will have to be used and a heck of a deal,or an SE if that ever happens.

Nice! I love that color. Pics?

Back