To Everything, Turn

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Forum Family,

For the last 18 months I’ve made the Official PRS Forum a significant priority in my life. It has been tremendously fulfilling watching this place evolve from a phone call with Paul Smith, Shawn Nuthall, James *******, and Jamie Mintzer, into the thriving community it is today. When I joined our merry little band of musicians (on Birds and Moons) in the fall of 2006, I never dreamed I’d learn so much or meet so many unique and wonderful people.

When I was asked (by Shawn) to help launch and Moderate the Official PRS Forum I had no idea how significantly it would alter every facet my life (both online and off). Some of the greatest joy – and, ironically, the greatest heartache – has come from this place. I am deeply grateful for all this experience has taught me.

I’ve held many titles since 2006. I came here as a PRS player. I was, and remain, a PRS Customer. I became an Admirer of Paul Smith and of the many amazing people who make PRS instruments. I connected with some really Good Guys who have become life-long Friends. I became an established Member within the forum community. I became a guitar Collector though I try pretty hard to be an Owner? I have been called many names; some kind and some hurtful. No doubt I’ve earned them all. I’ve made plenty of mistakes and said or done things that have made it hard to hold my head up – even now. But you guys have always been so gracious about accepting my apologies and allowing me to learn, to grow, and to move forward. That is a rare thing, indeed.

Ultimately I’ve discovered that some names (like Forum Moderator) come with big joy and even bigger responsibilities. I’ve also discovered that if I can put aside the things that take me away from *being present* with my wife, my child, my music, the great outdoors, and even my career, I am a happier person. I want that chance and I can't get there because my mind is always fixed on reading this forum. It's the first thing I do when I get up. It's the last thing I do before I close my eyes. I am too close to the flame and I have to let go because I am incapable of doing anything part time. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of guy and nothing will change that. This truth has been on my heart for a while now; to such a degree, in fact, that I have decided to make a change.

I have given Paul Smith and Shawn Nuthall my resignation. As of midnight on the 12 of October, I will retire from my position as a Moderator of the Official PRS Forum to refocus my energy on some of the best names anyone could ever hope for… PRS Guitar Player, Musician, Friend, Husband, and most of all… Father.

I was hoping to announce a new Moderator as part of this letter but, as of a few weeks ago, Jack had not made any decisions. That is to say, if he has made a decision, I have not been told. Whatever the outcome, I hope that he chooses someone from outside the castle walls who has authentically invested him/herself in this community; a civilian, if you will. We've worked so hard to achieve this comfortable balance between the desires of the community and the obligations/limitations of the company. I have faith that the balance will be respected.

Thank you Shawn, Jamie, James, and Paul. Thank you Plank Owners. Thank you to each and every one of you for allowing me the honor of serving our community. Thank you for creating such a wonderfully polite and respectful home for the loyal fans of PRS Guitars. This has been an experience I will treasure for all my days.

Sincerely,

~Hans

A-Very-Good-Day.JPG

THANK YOU, Hans! Thanks for all you've done on the forum. I was a great pleasure meeting you at Experience. I wish you the best in the future.

Thanks for all you've done Hans.... enjoy your family and be proud!

Thanks for everything you did, Hans. Now, go enjoy your time, but don't forget to come back for a visit.

Thanks for al you have done. You were instrumental in making this a place I enjoy visiting. I wish you all the best, and I hope you don't disappear, but come to enjoy the Forum even more as a member free from the stress of moderating.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Rob

Your passion for PRS is unquestionably SINCERE! I want to personally thank you for all the impossibly hard work you have done. Also, "THANK YOU" to your wife and daughter for allowing you to share your life with members of our community! BRAVO and my hats off to you my friend!

Thank you very much Hans for all the hard work you have put in here.
This place really started taking off shortly after I joined much to the hard work from you and the other staff members.
This place has really grown.

Yes, it is a lot of hard work managing a forum.
I am on my forum almost as soon as I get out of bed managing things, and it is a heck of a lot of hard work, so I know what you are going through as in taking up personal time.

Thanks again for all the hard work you did here, and we know you will still be providing future ideas that have made this a great place to visit several times a day.

It's been an honor...

Okay, no one believes that...:spitcoffee:

But seriously, I completely understand. Follow you heart, spend more time with your family. Eden is growing up sooo fast!

I know you'll still be here every day, but there will be less stress in you life...

Jamie

Hans, I can't begin to thank you for all the time and hard work you've put in here. Without you, this place wouldn't be nearly as healthy or as fun. From the bottom of my heart "THANK YOU!"

Back