To Each and Every One of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
I've been thinking about all of the events in the news. You know the ones I'm talking about. The latest example has taken place in my home state of Texas, and it breaks my heart. It's only the latest in a long line of similar incidents. Orlando, Boston, London, Paris, NYC, Dallas... Hate is hate, and it's reprehensible.

I want to say the following while fully intending to stay within the Rules of the Forum and without getting into any subjects that are inappropriate here. My statements have nothing to do with politics, or religions, or governments, or races, or locations; they have to do with people. You, me, everybody, regardless of who you are or where you're from or where you are on Our Planet. If any of my comments are deemed to be out of line and/or not suitable for The Forum then I hope the moderators will take whatever action they deem necessary and accept my apology. My only reason for this post is that I care about every person reading it.

For weeks, months, and years tragic events of violence have been escalating all over the world, and it's getting worse by the day. Violence has always been a fact of life, but in my opinion it's far more brutal and more commonplace now. And more senseless. Utterly, profoundly senseless.

Folks, we ALL need to start being better to each other. It's just that simple. We are all in this life and this world together, and we have to start taking better care of each other. We have far too much anger and ill will, too many grudges and resentments being held onto for pointless reasons. It's got to change. Not 'after you get yours', not 'maybe someday'... Now. Draw a line in the sand and say 'I'm going to do better and I'm starting here and now. Today.' Slow down today. Calm down today. Be kinder to every person you come into contact with today. That doesn't mean that you have to agree with every single thing someone else says or does or thinks or believes. But it also doesn't mean that you should go out and inflict some sort of harm on others because you feel angry or insulted or wronged in some way, or because you don't agree with them about a particular subject.

I don't have any children, but many of you do. Is this the kind of world you want them to live in? A world of fear and hatred and ugliness and bitterness? A world where when they leave home there is a fair chance they might not come back? Don't they deserve something better?

It all starts with us. We have to take better care of each other, and we have to do it now. Please.

Lloyd

Thanks Goldtop....appreciate the sentiment. Because of current events, we'll lock this thread, but let's let it hang out there for members to read.

200_s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back