To DGT without playing one first?

I did it. Just bought used at a price where I knew I could flip it without a loss if I didn't like it.

So far no regrets - love it. I do battle with how effortless playing my CE seems with the lower frets comparatively, but then I go back to the DGT and fall in love all over again.

My first core PRS was a DGT. Having played a Zach Myers before, I loved the wide fat neck. The DGT was a tad narrower and those jumbo frets took a month to get used to. I did switch to .010s and after a few months, I love this neck, feels perfect. Best guitar I’ve ever played and owned. I’m now playing the hybrid .0105 - .048s on her, perfect tension and action.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone...got my eye on one with a 59/09 in the neck and a DGT in the bridge... It also looks to have the old stye tuners - definitely not phase 3 (these are closed back and look like my CE with ivoriod pegs)...thoughts?

Just got my first PRS, an artist package DGT. I ordered this one so I couldn't play it or even see it until I opened the case. I can echo what others have said the frets are different but I've found that I really enjoy them! Great intonation along the whole neck and they feel great.

Let’s all play our DGTs tomorrow night, at the same time...9pm Eastern time. That would have to cure cancer, or something.

Back