Tip of the day: Signature custom truss rod covers

Richard Lainegard

So, I was browsing around, looking for a new trussrod cover for my new SC245 Boyd,
thinking I would end up with something like a ebony, bird inlay or something.
Then I stumbled onto the website of Philadelphia Luthier. They make (amongst all other things),
engraved truss rod covers for a vast array of guitar models, including PRS (USA and SE).
You'll just write your signature (or whatever else you want) on their template,
and scan it, and they'll vectorize it into a logo for you.

As for myself, I already had my signature vectorized for other purposes such as
picks and business cards so I just placed that into their template.
A week later (very fast shipping to Sweden!), I had it, and it looks stunning,
perfect detail, and flawless fit. Highly recommended!

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/engraved-truss-rod-covers/

10374512_10152555715499457_8306173794532687301_n.jpg

Nice. Philadelphia is a bit to far away for me being an European but it triggers me to find a luthier here to make me one.

Far away?
Mate, I live in northern Sweden. I just uploaded my design, and literally one week later
it arrived in my post box. Just visit their website and get ordering :wave:

Interesting! Late last week I ordered some pickup covers from them, due for delivery today. They are going on my SE ZM - for $20, I can experiment with the look and potentially a slight change in tone (which I might like anyway!).

They seem to have their stuff together - the variety of no-so-run-of-the-mill customizing do-dads is quite amazing.

That's fantastic. I wouldn't want my own signature on a cover, but it would be cool to get one cover with my wife's name and one with my son's name.

That's fantastic. I wouldn't want my own signature on a cover, but it would be cool to get one cover with my wife's name and one with my son's name.

Yep - my wife surprised me with a McNaught on our first anniversary - so it's truss rod cover bears her initials:

HeadTRC.JPG

I gave this guitar to my son on his 5th birthday. I thought about putting his name on the TRC, but then thought "Enzo" would be a more fitting.

Nuthall_Ferrari_5.jpg

That looks great! I got the same one from Philadelphia Luthier for my SE245 (well, not the SAME one, its my sig) and it really transformed the look of the guitar. I will have to post a pic of it when I have a chance to take one.

Back