Time off

I have a ton of unused vacation days. So many, I’ll likely end up taking payout on a couple weeks worth. I’d like to say that’ll go to a new guitar, but probably not. I have other stuff that I need to do with the house and pay some things off.

Headed to Texas to visit the oldest and his wonderful family. (Just outside Houston)…return to work late next week...
Driving down with the Daughter and her Hubby and our youngest (who's 24) from Maryland.
Hoping the kids inherited some of their mother and my love of driving,
seeing the sites, and good conversations. I guess we'll see??!!??
Not much guitar playing in the immediate future, but I'm ok with that.

To those that are Retired, or soon-to-be: Enjoy the livin' hell out of it!!!!!!!

Headed to Texas to visit the oldest and his wonderful family. (Just outside Houston)…return to work late next week...
Driving down with the Daughter and her Hubby and our youngest (who's 24) from Maryland.
Hoping the kids inherited some of their mother and my love of driving,
seeing the sites, and good conversations. I guess we'll see??!!??
Not much guitar playing in the immediate future, but I'm ok with that.

To those that are Retired, or soon-to-be: Enjoy the livin' hell out of it!!!!!!!

Safe travels!

Side note about my retirement. My company normally gives a really nice watch but since I don't wear one they asked me what I wanted. I am getting a 32 channel digital recorder and a alesis sr 18 drum machine!! I love that company. I'll upload some music once I figure it out

I took Christmas week off the last seven years, but the team I'm on now has to stagger time off, so I took last week instead. Stayed around the house and tried to do as little as possible in order to destress and relax.

In-laws came this weekend and took the kiddo back to FL with them for the next two weeks, so that's a semi-vacation for me and Mrs. right there! Plus I'm working from home all this week since half the company will be out of the office.

Side note about my retirement. My company normally gives a really nice watch but since I don't wear one they asked me what I wanted. I am getting a 32 channel digital recorder and a alesis sr 18 drum machine!! I love that company. I'll upload some music once I figure it out

That's cool! I've watched my company do some really nice things for people retiring too.

It's incredible to see companies doing things like that in this day and age.

My company doesn’t do anything like that. I’ll be lucky if I don’t get kicked on the way out!

In the midst of two weeks off. I needed it. Did a lot of string changing the first couple days. Going to try to make some headway with a couple recordings the rest of this week, as long as the finger cooperates. Finished off one jigsaw puzzle last night, may do another this week.

We're shutting down the factory for nine days. We've been busting butt, so this is a much needed break. I plan on polishing off the remainder of the Christmas cookies, playing some guitar and practicing lots of yoga.
Thanks to all the team and a merry Xmas to you all.
( But don't get too drunk Ive got a private stock that needs picking out) :D:D:D

Pics or didn’t happen.

Oh, it happened. A lot at 3 AM-ish times. Space shuttle cockpit. 1000 pieces. You can see a bit of the glare we deal with when we build. The pain on this one was the borders (not edges) on the right and left - those pieces all tended to blend together. I upped the contrast a bit in this pic, but if you're not looking straight on at those sections, they really look monochromatic.

Next up, if we build another this week...Shawn's favorite band (most likely).

shuttlepuzzle.jpg

Oh, it happened. A lot at 3 AM-ish times. Space shuttle cockpit. 1000 pieces. You can see a bit of the glare we deal with when we build. The pain on this one was the borders (not edges) on the right and left - those pieces all tended to blend together. I upped the contrast a bit in this pic, but if you're not looking straight on at those sections, they really look monochromatic.

Next up, if we build another this week...Shawn's favorite band (most likely).

shuttlepuzzle.jpg

Looks like how Les would imagine his ideal recording console from the 70’s!

Back