Time For Something New

You must be chuffed to bits with that, I just love that colour.....

I should load the image into a search engine and see what other images it relates to. I was drinking a Syrah from Santa Ynez CA and it seemed to have the blue, purple and pink tones from the guitar in it. Or I was drunk. Might have to call this Syrah Burst.

Waiting for the lacquer to cure is painful. Decided to see how it’ll eventually look with some hardware on it.
4ut8wdj.jpg

Also wanted to change the color of the tremolo arm tip, I thought it should match the pickup rings rather than be black. Scuffed the plastic with 220 and mixed some acrylic paint to match the color. I figure I can put a few coats on then finely sand out the brush strokes and put a couple coats of clear on top.
9WtXngw.jpg

Spectacular!

It’s strange, that wine gets stronger by the glass eh, I mean the first couple don’t seem to bad, but the next three seem to have far more alcohol in them.....

We call Syrah wine “Shiraz” on this side of the pond, but I like Syrah burst, sounds far cooler :)

It’s strange, that wine gets stronger by the glass eh, I mean the first couple don’t seem to bad, but the next three seem to have far more alcohol in them.....

We call Syrah wine “Shiraz” on this side of the pond, but I like Syrah burst, sounds far cooler :)
Just picked up some Shiraz today from Victoria. Back in 2016 we went to Hunter Valley, had a lot of Simillion there ... Sauvignon Blanc to us yankees. Then found a small island off Auckland called Waiheke, amazing reds there. We wanna go back soon, had lots of good food in Sydney.

Travelling and food, man after my own heart, not much going on at the moment though.

The wife and myself off to Japan next year, really looking forward to it, Saki and Seafood :)

Did the final sanding and buffing today. I chose to dry sand it rather than wet sand since the lacquer was water based. I level sanded with 800 then did passes with 1500 and 2000 grit. After that I buffed it using some 6” foam drill attachments which I covered with a microfiber bonnet for the rubbing compound and a softer fleece one for the finishing polish. Ended with a little wax and grease remover and some spray polish. Really pleased with how it came out!
DsztrIk.jpg

K5HImTH.jpg

Sanding complete, ready for buffing.
jriZsqK.jpg

es5AcY4.jpg

dyhb7U2.jpg

kay5gbd.jpg

After rubbing compound pass.
egPkJox.jpg

After finishing polish pass.
TGHYNjb.jpg

Back