TIMBERRRRRRRR!!! PRS Artist lll Semi-Hollow Private Stock 4804 Natural Cedar !!!

WildWestGuitars

Wild_West_Guitars
Authorized PRS Dealer
5f8580305910d063d2046db091771546.jpg

SPECS
Model Artist lll
Year 2014
Body Type Semi-Hollow
Top Wood Cedar
Body Wood African Mahogany
Finish Type DGT Nitro
Finish Color Natural
Neck Wood Macassar Ebony
Fingerboard Macassar Ebony
Neck Carve Pattern
Frets 22
Neck Finish Satin
Inlays Mammoth Ivory
Side Dots Ivoroid
Headstock Mammoth Ivory
Bridge Pickup 57/08™ Treble
Neck Pickup 57/08™ Bass
Hardware Hybrid
Bridge PRS Temolo
Tuners PRS Phase lll Locking with Ivoroid Buttons
Controls 2 Volume, 2 Tone with 5-Way Blade Switch
Case PRS Private Stock Leather
Weight 6.8 lbs

More Pictures: http://wildwestguitars.com/electric/prs-artist-lll-private-stock-4804-natural-cedar

Stunning guitar. Do you know if it is McCarty thickness? Is the back a separate piece from the sides, or is it one piece? (They do semi hollow both ways) Really nice to see one of these out there! IMO, one of the best sounding designs PRS has come up with.

Last edited:
Stunning guitar. Do you know if it is McCarty thickness? Is the back a separate piece from the sides, or is it one piece? (They do semi hollow both ways) Really nice to see one of these out there! IMO, one of the best sounding designs PRS has come up with.

Paging woundtight to the service desk.

Paging woundtight to the service desk.

Lol! Just one other thing. Without Artist 3 Purfling or truss rod cover, what actually makes this an artist 3 vs a CU 22 with pau birds? This huge artist 3 fan needs to know!

This is the same as your Pomegranate Artist III, so yes it has the thick one-piece body. I went to Stevensville fully expecting to build an Artist III because I wanted to do a semi-hollow body without an F hole and I like the thicker body guitars. I did it because I like the one Markie has and you were raving about the AIII. While I was at the factory I got to see your guitar right before they added the electronics. That clinched it.
I would really like to hear this guitar. It should be amazing-- mellow(er) Cedar top Semi hollow with 57/08s & trem, coupled with the snap of ebony...

This is the same as your Pomegranate Artist III, so yes it has the thick one-piece body. I went to Stevensville fully expecting to build an Artist III because I wanted to do a semi-hollow body without an F hole and I like the thicker body guitars. I did it because I like the one Markie has and you were raving about the AIII. While I was at the factory I got to see your guitar right before they added the electronics. That clinched it.
I would really like to hear this guitar. It should be amazing-- mellow(er) Cedar top Semi hollow with 57/08s & trem, coupled with the snap of ebony...

I bet that is going to sound unreal. Really cool choice of woods! My Pomegranate, like my 10th anniversary and all semi hollow artist IIIs, has the back as a separate piece of wood that gets glued on after routing. You can see the seem when you look close. You should double check and see which the above guitar has, or ask Paul Miles, he seems to be the only one aware of it.. For some reason unless you specifically state the separate back, the PS team (Paul included) defaults to the one piece back. (Not that its better or worse, just different.) My blue Artist 3s (Both of them) have the one piece back like you are describing above. My Pomegranate and 10th anniversary Artist have the separate glued on back. So right now I have 2 of each kind! So I guess I am saying if its like my Pomegranate, its not a one piece back!

Last edited:
When you guys get there, you have to call me for a phone demo of that bad boy at the very least. :rock:

Maybe DFD could have the mighty one...PapaStache rock this baby hard video style just for you (in the night)!!

I'm very tempted, but I've never played a guitar with whole neck made of Macassar Ebony. It's a very dense, heavy and hard wood. Denser than BRRW. Even denser than regular ebony. Almost like Snakewood. ITOH the cedar is very soft and light, and being semi-hollow, it will probably soften a bit of the ebony snappiness. But it's gorgeous, anyway...

Back