Three Way Drop-In

TwoBales

I just purchased a three way switch drop in for my 1996 CE, and the threads on the three way don't extend through the body of the guitar. I did enlarge the hole so the switch would fit, but I can't install it anyway. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hoping to avoid either. I paid $70-some dollars for the drop-in, and I was hoping that I could just drop it in! Is this normal? Are the cavities routed deeper now?

Type and brand of switch? Pics or links are good.

Not exactly the same thing, but once upon a time I replaced the rotary in my 98 CU24 with a Gotoh short straight toggle and it worked fine.

I've never had that issue. But both of mine were post 2000

It's a PRS pre-wired drop in, with a volume, push-pull tone, and 3 way. There were no threaded nuts for the 3 way included. I ordered an extended nut from Stewmac that I hope works.

It's a PRS pre-wired drop in, with a volume, push-pull tone, and 3 way. There were no threaded nuts for the 3 way included. I ordered an extended nut from Stewmac that I hope works.

That is the most likely solution. Should work fine so long as the switch has enough room to move.

I got it installed, and everything works ok without the coils tapped. But with the push-pull engaged, the single coils sound really bad. The guitar has the Vintage Bass and HFS stock pickups, and I wired it exactly as specified on the PDF that I got from PRS......

Came to this thread thinking something entirely different...

When you say "sound really bad" what do you mean? Do you mean you've got a lot of volume drop and they sound weak compared to hb mode or...?

Back