Thread with absolutely nothing to do with guitars or gear, but…….

…..funny as sh*t, and most of us like to laugh. Am I right or am I right?

I’ve watched that clip about a 100 times, and I laugh every time! I recently sent it to a friend/coworker in Ukraine, who said he hadn’t had much to laugh about this year, but completely cracked up when he watched this. :D

Which one is funnier, imploding or exploding?
Let’s consider that fact scientifically. Alright. Let’s say you’ve got a butthole. Just for hypothesis sake. And let’s envision for a moment that same butthole being blown to smitherines by some enormous force. Picture this. Just for a moment. Now clear your mind. Now envision said butthole being sucked in on itself as if a giant black hole was just released in your colon. Got it? Now, which one of those images induced a smile; perhaps a slight chortle? Redo the experiment once or twice if necessary to assure accurate results. If both induced a reaction, we must carefully weigh the intensity of both reactions to determine which might have induced the greater comedic response. Take your time. This is important. Get back with me when you’ve decided.

Let’s consider that fact scientifically. Alright. Let’s say you’ve got a butthole. Just for hypothesis sake. And let’s envision for a moment that same butthole being blown to smitherines by some enormous force. Picture this. Just for a moment. Now clear your mind. Now envision said butthole being sucked in on itself as if a giant black hole was just released in your colon. Got it? Now, which one of those images induced a smile; perhaps a slight chortle? Redo the experiment once or twice if necessary to assure accurate results. If both induced a reaction, we must carefully weigh the intensity of both reactions to determine which might have induced the greater comedic response. Take your time. This is important. Get back with me when you’ve decided.
Whoa! I’m actually the guy to pose this question to.

I was diagnosed with a “spastic colon” as a kid in the 80’s (starting right around the period of my parent’s divorce) so I’m ultimately familiar with explosions. And before I put on a ton of weight, my @ss was indeed eating itself and becoming three separate convex craters.

I still have no answer. They’re both funny AF.

I don't even know WTF that was, but I did laugh! Is late night TV that weird now? Or was it that weird 20 years ago and I'm that far behind the times?

Behind. That show ended about 10 years ago. For my money, second only to Carson himself. Ferguson was a great interviewer because he didn't give a damn about promoting projects, he wanted to have conversations with the people, and it was so much more interesting. He had a young woman from Alaska who was a pilot and was on some reality show as a repeated guest. I should have had zero interest in her, but he made her fascinating to watch. And when they let Josh Robert Thompson take over Geoff the robot, that show fully hit its stride.

This was about the time their Kraftwerk stuff started.

He actually took these two guys on tour with him just to do this bit at the end of his stand up shows.

And he wasn't a total jackass - when Britney had her meltdown, he made pretty much his whole monologue about why he wasn't going to make jokes about her anymore because it was obvious she was in trouble and needed help, and because he is a recovering addict, he didn't feel right about making fun of her.

I miss that dude on TV.

This was about the time their Kraftwerk stuff started.

Weirdly, I just recently became intrigued by Kraftwerk, instead of just resenting them because they were too stooopid to know about the glories of electrical guitars. That clip strikes me as astonishingly weird (and glorious!) for USA TV.

I have to think that there's some SNL Schprrrockets Mike Meyers sendup in the mix here too? I ask this as a person who's paid approximately 0.0025% of his life paying attention to TV.

Back