Thoughts on the SAS multi-foil finishes?

ExpatGirl

I have to say I'm of two minds with the special SAS multi-foil finishes. The solar, desert and happy foil leave me cold. But the aqua and franken-foil? Sign me up, those are gorgeous!

The desert foil looks great! I think it actually looks kind of refined in a gold leaf, prissy kind of way.
The happy foil has the best name, with the most ridiculous styling, and is the only true "future collectible" of the bunch in my opinion. I will begin to really want one in twenty years, now? not so much.

The Desert Foil (gold) stole the show, IMO. I love that model and color combo. It also works exceptionally well with the inlay material - which I don't usually care for.

In fact, I thought the inlay worked well with the opaque 408 models too. There was a cream colored 408 that really got my attention.

Last edited:
I didn't learn all the names of them, but the gold was easily my fave. Thought the green looked kinda cool too. I wasn't a fan of the multicolored ones too much. But honestly, for my $, a SAS would need to be natural or maybe vintage natural for me to buy it. I like the 3 narrowfield pickup combo a lot.

I liked the blue slightly better than the gold, but they were the top two for me.

The happy foil has the best name, with the most ridiculous styling, and is the only true "future collectible" of the bunch in my opinion...

It took me several days to get the "happy=gay" and "gay represented by rainbows" connection.

It's either their most subtle joke ever, or.. actually I just think it's a subtle joke, couldn't even thnk up an option #2 here.

It took me several days to get the "happy=gay" and "gay represented by rainbows" connection.

It's either their most subtle joke ever, or.. actually I just think it's a subtle joke, couldn't even thnk up an option #2 here.

So what is it exactly you're saying about Al Di Meola?

:rofl:

Back