pauloqs

PRS McCarty
Please share your thoughts on the S2 Mira (solid & semi-hollow) and/or S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow. What are things you like or dislike about these models? How would you describe the sound and ergonomics of these guitars? They seem like very different models and have very distinct sonic qualities, but both seem like amazing guitars for a pretty reasonable price.

If you can wait until May, I'll give you my thoughts on the Mira ....... :eek:

I love my S2 Mira, had it since 2015 and its my lightest guitar at 5lbs and change, the bevels make it extremely comfy sitting or standing and it sounds great clean and dirty, some don't love the pups but I like em….you really cant go wrong if you get it for a good price and they are one of the best designs in the PRS lineup IMO...Id say go for it...

I love my S2 Mira, had it since 2015 and its my lightest guitar at 5lbs and change, the bevels make it extremely comfy sitting or standing and it sounds great clean and dirty, some don't love the pups but I like em….you really cant go wrong if you get it for a good price and they are one of the best designs in the PRS lineup IMO...Id say go for it...

What genre of music do you play with your Mira? I’m really impressed by what everyone is saying about it. I have a McCarty and a Custom 24. I much prefer the warmer tones from my McCarty. Don’t get me wrong, the CU24 is amazing, handles gains beautifully and cut through a band mix like a hot knife. It’s just that there is a roundness and smoothness to the top end of the McCarty that I really like. Especially for playing some Wes Montgomery and Joe Pass Jazz. I play mostly dad rock and blues, tho, and I hear the Mira’s are amazing rock machines.

Paul I play mostly crunch and high gain stuff mostly noodling through lead stuff but I love a good clean as well, the pups aren't high output at all but when you hit an open chord it really rings, I prefer the subdued look of a standard 22 and I like 22 fret guitars so the Mira was a good fit, I also have 2 S2 standard 22s and a Core Standard 22 all with dots on the neck very bland how I like, if you haven't played one its ultra comfy the body is slightly thinner than my S2 standards and its really lightweight...let us know how you like it...

Paul I play mostly crunch and high gain stuff mostly noodling through lead stuff but I love a good clean as well, the pups aren't high output at all but when you hit an open chord it really rings, I prefer the subdued look of a standard 22 and I like 22 fret guitars so the Mira was a good fit, I also have 2 S2 standard 22s and a Core Standard 22 all with dots on the neck very bland how I like, if you haven't played one its ultra comfy the body is slightly thinner than my S2 standards and its really lightweight...let us know how you like it...

Is the lower bout on the Mira the same dimensions as a Custom/Standard 22? I Initially thought the Mira had a slightly bigger lower bout, but I’m starting to convince myself it’s an optical illusion. I think the fact that the upper horn is smaller than the Custom and Standard 22s its giving the impression of the Mira having a bigger body. I’m trying to hunt one down but they’re hard to find locally. Also, how would you compare the sound of your 22s with the Mira. Would you say it’s a bit warmer or brighter? From demos I’ve heard so far, they are honky mid focused guitars. The closes thing I’ve heard was an SG, but with a slightly different character. Regarding looks, my only rule is that whatever finish a guitar has, it has to be transparent. For this particular guitar, I want something that I feel I can beet it hard. Something that you can fight a war with, a la Tele.

Is the lower bout on the Mira the same dimensions as a Custom/Standard 22? I Initially thought the Mira had a slightly bigger lower bout, but I’m starting to convince myself it’s an optical illusion. I think the fact that the upper horn is smaller than the Custom and Standard 22s its giving the impression of the Mira having a bigger body. I’m trying to hunt one down but they’re hard to find locally. Also, how would you compare the sound of your 22s with the Mira. Would you say it’s a bit warmer or brighter? From demos I’ve heard so far, they are honky mid focused guitars. The closes thing I’ve heard was an SG, but with a slightly different character. Regarding looks, my only rule is that whatever finish a guitar has, it has to be transparent. For this particular guitar, I want something that I feel I can beet it hard. Something that you can fight a war with, a la Tele.

I don't think it's an optical illusion. The body shape is kinda Santana-ish. I've played a couple of Core Miras, and they are a blast. Light, thin body. Screamin' rock tones for days. If I were to compare it to another guitar, I would say SG.

I don't think it's an optical illusion. The body shape is kinda Santana-ish. I've played a couple of Core Miras, and they are a blast. Light, thin body. Screamin' rock tones for days. If I were to compare it to another guitar, I would say SG.

Have you also tried the Semi-Hollow Mira? Is there a lot of difference between the solid vs semi-hollow?

Yep its kinda like a santana without the fat ass ;)

Very comfy, playable, and scratches an SG itch

I've got a HB P90 neck in mine now and SD pearly gates bridge. Lots of fun

Yep its kinda like a santana without the fat ass ;)

Very comfy, playable, and scratches an SG itch

I've got a HB P90 neck in mine now and SD pearly gates bridge. Lots of fun

Wow, great pickup selection you have there. I liked what I've heard from the Mira "S" pickups so if I get one I'll probably wait before swapping pickups. But if I do end up swapping them, I'll keep those in mind along with some Bare Knuckles.

Back