Thoughts on the new 594

I have the same experience regarding the weight distribution. I have had two 594's where the center of mass made the guitar slide backwards when playing seated. Ended up trading them. I recently found a 2018 model at app.3.5 kg that feels perfect when playing seated.
Thanks for your reply. I played the guitar about 3 hours yesterday. It's so amazing. I'm not sure I'm missing anything tonally over the 2020s (I've seen the vid). I'm really liking these pups. Easily my favorite bridge pup and the neck is so adjustable. Not to mention the top on mine is incredible, unique. It's a wicked 10. I'd really like to keep it. Hard decision.

I recently took delivery on a 2018 dbl cut 594. It sounds, intonates, and looks incredible. But there are 2 issues that are making seriously consider returning the guitar. That finish is stickier than that of any guitar I've owned (many). And two, am I crazy or is that guitar feel like it's all behind you and may slide away backwards when playing seated? I have an S2 Single, a C24, and a Starla. Non of those have these issues? Thoughts?

Personally I don't have any of those issues with my 594 - a 2016 Double Cut. I play seated 100% of the time and the guitar sits where I would expect it too. The waist of the guitar causes it to sit on my leg in the same way my other DC PRS guitars do - at least I believe so. All I know is that I am not having to move the guitar when playing. Maybe its the fact the bridge is further back on the 594 than the C24 which I assume would be the closest guitar in shape as the S2's are different.

As for the stickiness, I have never found the PRS guitars to be sticky. All 5 of mine have the same finish and all feel the same to me when playing. I would be surprised if there was a difference...

Personally I don't have any of those issues with my 594 - a 2016 Double Cut. I play seated 100% of the time and the guitar sits where I would expect it too. The waist of the guitar causes it to sit on my leg in the same way my other DC PRS guitars do - at least I believe so. All I know is that I am not having to move the guitar when playing. Maybe its the fact the bridge is further back on the 594 than the C24 which I assume would be the closest guitar in shape as the S2's are different.

As for the stickiness, I have never found the PRS guitars to be sticky. All 5 of mine have the same finish and all feel the same to me when playing. I would be surprised if there was a difference...
You know after I replied that I may send the 594 back I immediately regretted it as if it was already gone. I've been back and fourth and really it's just heavier than my S2 single cut and fatter than my Core Starla. I tried to monitor my body positioning and where the fretboard was in all the seated positions i like to play in and I basically did the same as with all the guitars. I just spazzed out over spending that much on a guitar. The tones are so nice on this thing and its so responsive everywhere...to both hands, the controls etc. I'm not interested in waiting on the 2020. I love these pups, this finish, and meticulous build quality. Ok, so when can I find a Santana Retro in satin blood orange? Thanks again for your response. Happy Thanksgiving amigo.

Back