Thoughts about how to raise my cab/head.

I dunno...
It's such a tough question.
Really, you have to look at the cab and the head differently.
The cab is a little easier to deal with, where the head has more parts and that makes it a bit more complicated.
I mean we all love our gear, and they both need to know that. But the head probably takes more time and attention.

Oh they grow up so fast.. before you know it they're out on their own enthralling audiences far and wide.
We all have our own ownership styles of course, and I'm sure you'll pick a great path for both your dear/lovely cab and head.
Know that whatever you do stands as an indelible imprint on them both. This will guide you to the proper way.

Anyway... best of luck. Just try not to spank them. That never seems to help much.

I dunno...
It's such a tough question.
Really, you have to look at the cab and the head differently.
The cab is a little easier to deal with, where the head has more parts and that makes it a bit more complicated.
I mean we all love our gear, and they both need to know that. But the head probably takes more time and attention.

Oh they grow up so fast.. before you know it they're out on their own enthralling audiences far and wide.
We all have our own ownership styles of course, and I'm sure you'll pick a great path for both your dear/lovely cab and head.
Know that whatever you do stands as an indelible imprint on them both. This will guide you to the proper way.

Anyway... best of luck. Just try not to spank them. That never seems to help much.
They grow up from being an 8 to a 10 to two tens then two twelves before you know it.

As @bodia mentions, someone here posted the Atlas amp stand. It looks like this:
LowRider-w-TableTop_Walnut_05.jpg

I also saw one where the speaker was mounted into the table itself… not sure how well it works, but it’s a cool idea:
b73db6421fc2fada450de25c3a47a300.jpg

Perhaps something along those lines will get you going!
Very nice!

It seems I can't scale down without losing something.....just sold my Mesa 4x12's. Bought a PRS MT 12 cab for my MT-15 head. Now I'm realizing after a rehearsal that I need to raise the cab. I just can't hear it as well in the floor. I've looked at combo amp stands but they all seem to only tilt back. And that may let the head fall off. I've thought about turning the cab on it's side but my OCD would kick in seeing the logo sideways...Touring roadcases are out of my budget right now, unless someone has a used one for really cheap. What do you guys think?
You can try a Deeflexx sound dispersing panel. There is also a US company that makes something similar for less money but I can't remember the name. EDIT: It's called the Toneshield.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, for my Bass amp, I really like what having my bass cabinet on the floor ... it adds more bottom.
And as far as Milk Crates...Man, so many Highs/7-11 (Convenience) Stores have come up short, whenever there's a local Battle of the Bands competition.
I've made quite a few "amp stands" from plywood...and black spray paint.
One thing I always try to do is separate the cabinets from the heads...particularly bass,
as the rattle/rumble can't help but shake the electronics up, which is never good.

Also: Years ago, there was a plastic/molded combo amp riser that would allow you to rest your amp on the base, and there was a formed/molded (almost tubular) channel that would take the sounds from the amps' ported (open) rear, and project it towards the front of the amp, towards the audience.
***Anybody remember these????
Edit: I just found something very similar... called the Sound Enhancer.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, for my Bass amp, I really like what having my bass cabinet on the floor ... it adds more bottom.
And as far as Milk Crates...Man, so many Highs/7-11 (Convenience) Stores have come up short, whenever there's a local Battle of the Bands competition.
I've made quite a few "amp stands" from plywood...and black spray paint.
One thing I always try to do is separate the cabinets from the heads...particularly bass,
as the rattle/rumble can't help but shake the electronics up, which is never good.

Also: Years ago, there was a plastic/molded combo amp riser that would allow you to rest your amp on the base, and there was a formed/molded (almost tubular) channel that would take the sounds from the amps' ported (open) rear, and project it towards the front of the amp, towards the audience.
***Anybody remember these????
Edit: I just found something very similar... called the Sound Enhancer.
My feeling is that microphones do that better, and they're a lot smaller to carry around.

Back