Those with 5708's and 5909's...

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Do you find the 09's hotter and/or more aggressive than your 08's? Have 08's in my stripper and switched the bridge pickup out to the 09. I'm not really sure that it's much hotter. FWIW both my bridge pickups measure about the same(around 8.74 if I remember right). I like both of these pickups a lot but I was hoping for a bit more "heat" than I'm getting from the bridge 5909. I may have just got one that ended up on the more vintage side.

I like both, but the 57/08's do sound a bit warmer and rounder than the 59/09's in my LTD. The 59/09's remind me of a really good set of DGT pickups, very open and clear with great sustain. Two different sets for different applications

I've got a 57/08 in the bridge of my McCarty, and a 59/09 in the neck. The "warmer, rounder" in the bridge, the "clearer, brighter" in the neck balances out very nicely. The coil-split tones hold their own against a DGT. (Martysnarf and I got together, did some A/B comparisions.)

I'd recommend this pairing to anyone... contemplating sending my SC to the PTC for some new pickups :)

that_brianm_guy said:
I've got a 57/08 in the bridge of my McCarty, and a 59/09 in the neck. The "warmer, rounder" in the bridge, the "clearer, brighter" in the neck balances out very nicely. The coil-split tones hold their own against a DGT. (Martysnarf and I got together, did some A/B comparisions.)

I'd recommend this pairing to anyone... contemplating sending my SC to the PTC for some new pickups :)
I really love the 5708 neck, I haven't even dropped 5909 neck in anything yet.

Back