Those who didn't go to the Experience 2012

slowro

Will you be going next year?
I will have a 5 month old kid next year but I think I HAVE to go next year
it will be a few thousand miles but hey :laugh:

One year I will make it in September!!

I'd like to but i'd have to turn it into part of a major holiday to the US in general and find a day where we can come to the experience... It falls just a few days after my GF goes back to school (Teacher! :) ) so it's difficult for her to negotiate time off after she's just had 6 weeks.

We'll see... But you guys have done a good job of bringing it to us! :)

I'd like to but i'd have to turn it into part of a major holiday to the US in general and find a day where we can come to the experience... It falls just a few days after my GF goes back to school (Teacher! :) ) so it's difficult for her to negotiate time off after she's just had 6 weeks.

We'll see... But you guys have done a good job of bringing it to us! :)

FIELD TRIP!!!!!!

I'll have to think about a bit.....................................................................................................................................Ok, I'm definitely in.

I really hope to be there. I'm already saving a dollar here and a dollar there. Getting there and back will be the biggest obstacle for me. It's quite a trip from Texas. No flight; has to be a rental car.

Never say never, right?!?!

Goldtop

I really hope to be there. I'm already saving a dollar here and a dollar there. Getting there and back will be the biggest obstacle for me. It's quite a trip from Texas. No flight; has to be a rental car.

Never say never, right?!?!

Goldtop

May I recommend Amtrak? I looked up the route for you and it looks like its pretty simple and probably cheaper than a flight. The train goes from Texas to Chicago, then to Maryland and takes from 9am and arrives around 5pm with prices ranging from 250 - 350. Obviously anyone of us with a vehicle at Experience would be more than happy to give you lifts my friend :)

Talked to a friend about making it next year. I can get a pretty cheap flight from Boston, it's just a question of admission and a hotel... and the "miscellaneous" fund (aka gear and beer money). How much is admission for the weekend anyways? I kept seeing $30-50 on the website, but I don't know if that's just a registration fee, or the whole weekend, or per day, or what. Anyways, I wish I could've made it for the performances this year, they looked awesome. But I'm sure next year will be just as good.

It's always been free! How awesome is that? There is a late registration / pay-at-the-door fee if you put off signing up too long.

I'll be back next year and no dang reunion to shorten my stay. I may bring the whole family next year.

Talked to a friend about making it next year. I can get a pretty cheap flight from Boston, it's just a question of admission and a hotel... and the "miscellaneous" fund (aka gear and beer money). How much is admission for the weekend anyways? I kept seeing $30-50 on the website, but I don't know if that's just a registration fee, or the whole weekend, or per day, or what. Anyways, I wish I could've made it for the performances this year, they looked awesome. But I'm sure next year will be just as good.

Admission is free when you register during the open period. To attend the Signature Event you have to be a member of course and that was $60 for the year, well worth it I may add. Plenty of shuttle flights out of Boston to the Washington, DC area on the cheap. I'm a Bostonian living in DC, commute back a couple times a year. So book ahead, you need to make the pilgrimage at least once ;)

May I recommend Amtrak? I looked up the route for you and it looks like its pretty simple and probably cheaper than a flight. The train goes from Texas to Chicago, then to Maryland and takes from 9am and arrives around 5pm with prices ranging from 250 - 350. Obviously anyone of us with a vehicle at Experience would be more than happy to give you lifts my friend :)

I made the trip via train as a kid...Indy to Chicago to Dallas. It was a fantastic adventure and a pretty trip. That would be the way I'd go if I had the time. Great suggestion, Mike. :cool:

You know, I've never been on a train in my life, other than the little kiddie things that used to be at some amusement parks back when I was a kid. That's an interesting idea, and one that I probably never would have thought of on my own. I might have to check into it further. Thanks for suggesting it. And thanks also for the mention of the lift(s) once I get there. Looks like I've got a lot to ponder.

Very cool. Thanks again.

Goldtop/Lloyd

Back