Those of you with a Vela

I have gotten way too much grief from women in my life to call any thing a she.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well

My take on the Vela I finally got after debating between a used CE or an S2 standard is that it’s like a ballsy Strat with elements of a Tele and SG as well. It handles Americana classic rock really well and although does clean just fine there is always a hint of growl in it’s voice. Really couldn’t be happier. Usually buy used but as much as I tried I couldn’t escape this one and glad I pulled the trigger. Additionally if you a couch player the Vela is ergonomic, light and comfortable.

Had 2 of them. Should have kept the black one. (IMO) The Vela is the only S2 model that has pickups that are worth a damn.

"A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable"

Yeah, she.

If you pick it up by the hind legs, it’s written on the bottom.

"A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable"

Yeah, she.

You guys are not going to bait me into saying "F-hole".

tenor.gif

Yeah, she.
in portuguese, electric guitar is feminine (A guitarra), while bass guitar and acoustic are masculine (O baixo and O Violão). So it's normal to me to give girls names to my guitars , I've never thought to them as a He (we don't have IT, so things always have a gender in portuguese). Besides that, the word Vela in portuguese is female too and can be candle or boat sail. So in Portuguese, a Vela guitar is female 2 times LoL

well, after all that now I need one, semi hollow satin is growing on me very fast and strong. damn, just damn!

in portuguese, electric guitar is feminine (A guitarra), while bass guitar and acoustic are masculine (O baixo and O Violão). So it's normal to me to give girls names to my guitars , I've never thought to them as a He (we don't have IT, so things always have a gender in portuguese). Besides that, the word Vela in portuguese is female too and can be candle or boat sail. So in Portuguese, a Vela guitar is female 2 times LoL

well, after all that now I need one, semi hollow satin is growing on me very fast and strong. damn, just damn!
So this is my first post so my apologies for any formatting issues. Picked up a 2020 Vela and with the exception of an “icy” bridge, I love it for all the reasons you stated above. I don’t recall where I read it but during a review, someone stated (paraphrased) “if the vela was released in the 50’s or 60’s, there’s no doubt it would be as iconic as the strat or tele.” Secondary question-has anyone found a good swap for the bridge pickup? I was looking at a Fralin PAF. Thoughts/suggestions?

So this is my first post so my apologies for any formatting issues. Picked up a 2020 Vela and with the exception of an “icy” bridge, I love it for all the reasons you stated above. I don’t recall where I read it but during a review, someone stated (paraphrased) “if the vela was released in the 50’s or 60’s, there’s no doubt it would be as iconic as the strat or tele.” Secondary question-has anyone found a good swap for the bridge pickup? I was looking at a Fralin PAF. Thoughts/suggestions?
I had a Duncan Antiquity in for over a year. Love it!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Best of luck with your tone hunt.

Back