Those of you with a Vela

I had one and traded it for a rare PRS. I absolutely loved the Vela and miss it all the time. I will get one again. The only reason I traded it was because it was going toward a guitar I likely won’t come across again or often. The Vela pickups sound great. It feels really good to play. The weight feels good. The quality is up there with all the top PRSi. I don’t have anything bad to say about them. Enjoy! It’s next on my list when I have the money.

Man are you in for a treat!!!! I absolutely love a Vela, I have a white semi hollow and I am on the hunt for one of the reclaimed wood series!! Tele- like but a different animal, and I love it!!

Stock, they rock...visually and audibly. With mods to your taste, they are excellent. Neck carve is so comfy and smooth. The bridge is a work of genius and is spot-on with intonation, no sharp edges or screws, and lets you plant your hand without screwing with said intonation. Goose the gain on your amp and these beasts can bring the beef! Totally rambunctious!

My one drives me mad .. I want to pick up my other guitars .. and it draws me to play it every time.. the neck is really comfortable.. the body shape sits well on my lap or hangs great on a strap.. and the range of sounds from two pickups is excellent.. I have only changed the volume pot which now provides easier access to a wider range of Sounds.. definitely a keeper.. buy buy buy

It’s the Walnut finish.
The time I have spent with it I find all the things said to be true.

I am a happy camper.
I would post pics, but for some unknown reason I am blocked from adding images on the 2 hosting sites I have been using forever.

Sybo, check your thread on the Tele forum

Bob

They can be whatever you want/need....plenty room for mini-toggles...

Q0hdigg.jpg

VSyqmKW.jpg

I'm kind a core snob but the vela is a non core I want pretty bad.

Now if it had a prs trem I'd already own one. That being said, if I found a used one cheap I'd probably snatch it up!

I am looking for a "Color of the Month" or Distressed wood Model.
I have a NEW/MINT Aerodyne MIJ Strat I am looking to trade-options.
With a little cash of course...

Last edited:
I can’t post pics.
I have followed instructions and suggestions to get the issue squared away to no avail.

It’s really pissing me off.

Bob

Back