This just in from Willcutt's

Doug B

Basic Hack
I have been lusting over this particular guitar for a good month now. They had 3 SE HB IIPs at Willcutt's and this is actually the heaviest of the three. My wife and I went back and forth over which one to get; the lightest one looked nice, but this one had the best looking top and it's only a 1/4-lb heavier (actually 6.27 vs 6.49).

I'll take better pics later this week when the sun comes out, but this will do for now.

This makes 3 PRS guitars within a month - SE Custom 24-08, Zach Myers and now this. My wife is already calling dibs on this one when I get a Core model. The answer is obviously, "Absolutely! It's yours, darling."

I won't get to plug it in today, this crummy weather had given us both migraines so I'm just playing acoustically for the time being. Mine isn't bad but I don't want to aggravate it with raging guitar. Luckily it's a very nice acoustic guitar as well!

Congrats on a great score! Sounds like you should subscribe to the GOTM Club (Guitar of the month)!! I understand, they are so addictive!!! I bought my first beginning of Feb this year, second one at the end of Feb this year and third in May of this year!!!! My wallet feels the pain, but my fingers are praising my decisions!!!!! Sorry to hear about the migraines ;~(( Hope you are able to rip it tomorrow!!

Oooh that's so nice. The binding on this model is fantastic and really accentuates the finish.

Not to mention they sound frickin' awesome! Its a great unplugged guitar. If you get any rattle when unplugged, its the battery.

Congrats on joining the club!

Check out the back flame, its awesome. Could you post a backside image...please?

Congrats!
QUESTION? Will the HBII sound that much different from my SC 594? Enough so that I should want to get one? I currently dont have axxess to a HBii to decide for myself. TIA!

I would have to say “probably”, because I haven’t tried an SC 594. But even without the piezo there is an almost acoustic ‘zing’, even when using the neck pickup. It’s definitely different when compared to my CU 24-08. Neither one is objectively better than the other tho. And I haven’t even gotten into trying out the piezo yet, other than doing a little blending with the humbuckers. Lots of exploring left to do.

Thank you for the reply.
I should’ve asked what style you play. The HB II sounds very much like my old Les Paul when used with distortion, but definitely sounds different when played clean. And of course the piezo makes it very close to an acoustic-electric.

The biggest plus for me is that it only weighs 6.5 lbs. I prefer to play standing up, and I can’t play anything over 8 lbs for more than 15 minutes before my back seizes up. This guitar allows me to stand easily for an hour with no problems. It literally has lifted my mood!

I’m looking at Core models, and right now a McCarty 594 HB II w/ coil taps is looking like it ticks all the right boxes for me. I already have a CU24 so I don’t need another 24-fretter; the piezo on this guitar means that I won’t need another, and my Zach Myers fills the single cut category.

Now if I could get that McC HB II w/ a trem and have it be Faded Whale Blue, that would be perfect. A Cherry Charcoal burst would also be welcome, but oh, that Blue…

Dagnamit! Just when I've FINALLY convinced myself I don't need an HBII Piezo you go and post this!

giphy.gif

Back