This Is What We’re All Working For…A Labor Day NGD!

68reissue

When I got back into PRS a few years ago, I first grabbed a couple of terrific SEs, and later a used S2 Satin Standard 24 in vintage cherry. I have been so continually impressed with that guitar that (after selling some gear) I decided to sell one of the SEs and grab another S2 Satin. I’m married, and follow the “you have to sell one to buy one” rubric.

Being a fan of the 85/15s, I wanted to grab one made before PRS made the switch to 58/15s in this model. And I wanted to buy a NEW S2, my first-ever brand new PRS. I found this gorgeous walnut stain S2 online at Blues Angel Music in Florida. It’s from early 2020, and still has the 85/15s. I had them set it up like my other S2, and it’s just as incredible an instrument. Looks beautiful in an understated way, plays like a dream, sounds gorgeous clean or overdriven. There’s something about these satin S2s that really sings. They're extraordinarily resonant to my ear.

The thing about these S2 Standards is that my non-PRS friends can’t believe how much they love them when they try them. I always point out that the PRS line is broad indeed, and there’s something for just about every taste.

Now, it’s time to show off!

maWVuu1.jpg

H7T5sFP.jpg

CWNNMYM.jpg

Last edited:
Well said 68, I have that color on the finished model 22 fret......I also have a satin 22 in McCarty burst, theyre incredible guitars and the value is insane!

Back