This is what fell out of a book I was reading...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
I was reading The Rolling Stone Interviews book printed in 1971. I bought the book new when I lived in Ann Arbor.

And this old ad I had taken off of a bullitin board 50 years ago fell out of it!

A 1947 Gibson L5 for $450!

This was back in the day when you could still find '59 Les Pauls for under a grand.

Last edited:
There's one on Reverb...

I was reading The Rolling Stone Interviews book printed in 1971. I bought the book new when I lived in Ann Arbor.

And this old ad I had taken off of a bullitin board 50 years ago fell out of it!

A 1947 Gibson L5 for $450!

This was back in the day when you could still find '59 Les Pauls for under a grand.
The book is cool enough, but how interesting to find the post about the guitar inside!

I was in college in A2 in 1971. But who knew anything about vintage guitars in those days? I sure didn't!

Then again, I turned down the opportunity to buy a '53 Les Paul Goldtop for $3500 in 1992 or 93. Why didn't I spring for it? the case smelled bad. and the guitar looked a little rough by my standards vs new guitars.

:rolleyes:

The book is cool enough, but how interesting to find the post about the guitar inside!

I was in college in A2 in 1971. But who knew anything about vintage guitars in those days? I sure didn't!

Then again, I turned down the opportunity to buy a '53 Les Paul Goldtop for $3500 in 1992 or 93. Why didn't I spring for it? the case smelled bad. and the guitar looked a little rough by my standards vs new guitars.

:rolleyes:

Looking back, I regret not buying that '53 Les Paul Goldtop when I could. The case smelled bad, and the guitar looked rough compared to newer ones, but it would have been a significant investment. In those college days, I struggled with writing assignments because it meant spending countless hours in the library. However, students today have such valuable resources like https://paperell.net/essay-for-sale which can help students complete their tasks on time and offer essays for sale. Some of these services can even help students improve their writing skills, as they provide expert guidance and feedback. I am glad that the modern world opens up new horizons for students.
These things often happen, and you can't know everything in advance. If I regret something, I always remember that there is a guy who bought a pizza for 10,000 bitcoins and I feel better :D Edited: It's really a funny story. Google say this: "Laszlo Hanyecz spent 10,000 Bitcoin to purchase two Papa John's pizzas on May 22, 2010. Since Papa John's didn't accept Bitcoin as payment, he posted a 10,000 Bitcoin offer on Bitcointalk.org and Jeremy Sturdivant, a 19-year old then, took the offer for an estimated $41, bought the two pizzas and delivered."

Last edited:
Back