This is what crazy wood collectors do.

That chunk o' cocobolo makes me feel all funny in the nether regions....

When I moved across the Country two years ago, I gave up a good bit of my stash. But, my wife is convinced I still have a problem. I still have some Maple that's over fifteen years old, some walnut of the same vintage, and some koa I grabbed in Hawaii about 13 years ago.

Although the best bits are the SYP cut down in 1855.... Like this piece:

zHj7OCA.jpg

Good lookin knotty blonde you got there...

That’s a nice hunk of Cocobolo there - what will be it’s final form?

For some strange reason, I am inspired by this piece of art to attempt something in a 3D sculpture. But in wood, not steel. Whatever I end up doing will obviously be scaled down a wee bit, as the original is 6 feet tall(!)

If/when completed, I would expect it to be a "conversation started" in our entry way. I am not sure if my better half will consider it to be a tribute to her ;).....I suppose I first need to find the right wood.....

For some strange reason, I am inspired by this piece of art to attempt something in a 3D sculpture. But in wood, not steel. Whatever I end up doing will obviously be scaled down a wee bit, as the original is 6 feet tall(!)

If/when completed, I would expect it to be a "conversation started" in our entry way. I am not sure if my better half will consider it to be a tribute to her ;).....I suppose I first need to find the right wood.....

I think I know her. :eek::oops:

Back