This Is Mic Number One.....

Coral Sky Music

Authorized Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Alright Everyone Has One Or More Answers To This Question So Lets Hear Em..
Name A Band Or Bands That You Would "Celebrate Their Entire Catalog" If They Just Put Out Instrumentals.
In Other Words Bands That You Love The Music Of But Can't Get Past The Singers Voice..
I Will Kick It Off And I Can Tell Already I WIll Get Alot Of Heat For This One
King Diamond / Mercyful Fate

There has been more than one occasion where I turned off a Rush song (Duck & Cover, projectiles headed my way) because I did not want to hear Mr Geddy sing (and yes, I know not all Rush songs have lyrics)! The lyrics to their material is great and the music incredible, especially for a 3 piece (even live) but I have never been able to really embrace his voice! It's not that he is a bad singer, I just don't like his sound sometimes. I am sure I will now be blocked by those who have not blocked me already ;~))

Lol…. Who ISNT going to say Rush or Dream Theater? Love them both, but would love them both just a bit more… without the…. Voicing.

Mine:
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Lucid Planet ( last album only.. the others are bomb AF )

Hate the screaming, love the musicality, so I rock em anyway.

Rush is instrumentally wonderful.
but...
Geddy Lee has the most irritating voice in the entire history of music
since Uggla Mugg Ugh accidently dropped a rock on a hollow log.

Robert Plant is a close second on that, but I wouldn't celebrate a Led Zepplin
instrumental album because I didn't care for their guitar player.

:eek:

There has been more than one occasion where I turned off a Rush song (Duck & Cover, projectiles headed my way) because I did not want to hear Mr Geddy sing (and yes, I know not all Rush songs have lyrics)! The lyrics to their material is great and the music incredible, especially for a 3 piece (even live) but I have never been able to really embrace his voice! It's not that he is a bad singer, I just don't like his sound sometimes. I am sure I will now be blocked by those who have not blocked me already ;~))
:eek::eek::eek:Blocked, and Nair put in your Rogaine bottle!! :mad::mad:

:p:p

OK, since we're all blaspheming up in here...

Yes. I know, I know. Andersons voice is a defining part of one of the great bands ever. But I never loved it.

But, I'm music first. Sergio asked me how I could claim to be from a family of great singers yet two of my favorite bands are Megadeth and Dream Theater. And, Rush and Yes are there as well. The answer is, music first. If the vocals were more important than the music, then Boston and Heart would be my two favorite bands (love both or course). But I've always been willing to put up with "not great" or even "unusual" vocals if the music is great. What I WILL NOT listen to is cookie monster (there are some bands I could really be into if not for this).

And, yeah, as much as I like Crue, (met Vince once, and talked to him on the phone a couple times when he was calling the smoke show that used to work with me years ago.. funny story for another time...) I don't love his vocals. Always surprised me how much of his off pitch stuff was left on albums. He has some songs he's pretty pitchy on that made cut somehow.

This coming from a guy who listens to Rush, Opeth, and Meshuggah regularly:

Periphery (I think they did put out an instrumental-only version of one early album)
Between the Buried and Me -- saw them live once and just wanted it to stop.

Back