This has been my "go to" guitar/amp as of late... what's yours?

The amp rig as of now, I need some great clean in my life.
gGxwdDD.jpeg

The Carvin V3...that's an amp I kind of regret selling.
Oh yeah I definitely love mine. I got that when I turned 18, they had just came out so my first one had some issues but after that smooth sailing. Takes time to get it dialed in right but man they definitely can sound great.

The past few weeks I've spent a lot of time with the Special I got last fall, and the DG30. Their tonal qualities are complimentary.

The guitar is my most recent one. I wanted to concentrate on it for a while; it's the only way I can learn the nuances of an instrument. Then it becomes an 'old hand' and I feel able to get more out of it.
Good for you Les.. a DG30… :) I heard David Grissom play his last month in Austin with his band.. man, what a sound that amp has… (and of course the player:p)

My main marina gig rig last summer. It worked out great! '12 P22 ("Mr. P"), MIM FSR Strat ("Billy Bassboat"), w/Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister18 and H & K 1x10 cab. Once I put real tubes in the Tubemeister (1 failed after 1 month!), that amp has been solid!

U23SrKp.jpg

PRs custom 22 triple soapie with a custom built 49 Fender Tweed Pro clone with 6sc7 tubes in it. The soul food is my go to pedal. I’ll use a pedal board for the two gigs this weekend because the stage has the space. Been rocking this for 6 months, since the amp got sorted out.

Please excuse the guitar in the picture as it might go against the point of the thread. My Archtop II is my current most played PRS but I don't have a picture of it with my Soldano. Playing with a little volume with that pair is such a rewarding experience. Feedback is very controllable and I can get nearly infinite sustain.

QgX68qVh.jpg

pByIzsgh.jpg

Since the only time I can play at home now is when my toddler is asleep I’ve been using my Helix through headphones. I mainly use the BE100 and Archon models. After some tweaking I’m really happy with the tones I get through headphones. I can’t wait to be able to fire up my MT15 again though.

I also can’t put into words how amazing my 24-08 is, it somehow blows me away every time I play it like it’s the first time I’ve ever held it.

HLtWBG5_d.webp

What intrigues me is the conformity in amps or amplification devices. Very little vintage (style) stuff, like vox or old school Marshall and fender type amps, but lots of modern options (digital, amp types) in all shapes and sizes.

No opinion, just observation.

Back