This has been my "go to" guitar/amp as of late... what's yours?

What intrigues me is the conformity in amps or amplification devices. Very little vintage (style) stuff, like vox or old school Marshall and fender type amps, but lots of modern options (digital, amp types) in all shapes and sizes.

No opinion, just observation.

I hear you. My last tube amp was a Vox AC15, but it was fronted by a J Rockett DUDE V2 pedal ( nice Dumble style OD). Talk about unique tone, lol.

Normally a Helix/Headrush dude, but the better half is out of town. This 20 watt Blackstar JJN has so much tone.
8uS5naP.jpg
My man! Amp in the living room: check. Bottle of red: check. Out of frame: three days of dishes in the sink. :p

I hear you. My last tube amp was a Vox AC15, but it was fronted by a J Rockett DUDE V2 pedal ( nice Dumble style OD). Talk about unique tone, lol.
Well, my go to amp might be a Mesa, but I live on the Vox TB and marshall 1974 channel. So I might be a bit of an outlier. Love the tones with my starla an mcsoapy. Works great for a more vintage vibe.

What intrigues me is the conformity in amps or amplification devices. Very little vintage (style) stuff, like vox or old school Marshall and fender type amps, but lots of modern options (digital, amp types) in all shapes and sizes.

Yes, the world of guitar amplification has certainly changed.
Even myself being a diehard tube amp guy has gone to the all analog BluGuitar Amp1 4 channel 100 watt 3 lb floor amp….. incredible tones, (all Marshall based sounds)., the 50 watt AmpMan Classic is another great piece

Good for you Les.. a DG30… :) I heard David Grissom play his last month in Austin with his band.. man, what a sound that amp has… (and of course the player:p)
It’s definitely got a unique sound! It’s also a “fast” amp that brings out pick attack (as opposed to, say, the HXDA that’s got a more searing attack).

My Special has an ebony fretboard; it’s not my usual choice, but the attack of ebony seems to work well with the DG30.

Does nicely with the other amps, too, but the DG and the Special are a great match.

Interesting observation! I’m probably one of the few here that prefers old school tones, and tubes are essential for.

The DG30 is a modern old school amp that’s kind of a blend of Tweed, Vox and Hiwatt. My main squeeze is the Plexi-style HXDA. I’ve got a Tweed-style Mesa Fillmore that’s usually set up like a Tweed Deluxe from the late ‘50s.

I generally dial in my Lone Star 100 to sound like a black panel Twin, and I use an EQ pedal to make it more so, though it’s also capable of typical Mesa grind that I rarely use.

As of now my GOM 594 and Suhr PT15 IR. The 594 has been with me over 6 years. It got exclusive play during the honeymoon and then fell into rotation. Now it’s my first grab and most pleasing. Unexpectedly, I’m making great use of the coil tap option.

The MEV has achieved almost exclusive play time and i use my Mustang Micro with it quite a bit. I need to plug it into the HXDA.

The tones and articulation the MEV is capable of is just incredible. It makes some of my other PRS sound muddy by comparison.

I got an EBMM JP15 over the weekend. Been practicing my flat radius shredding again (lol). I built a SWEET Helix patch using the Diezel channel 3 model and the Princeton model. Those are run parallel into two IRs, also in parallel. One is the Marshall 1966 close mic'd with a 57, the other is the 1966 with a U87 in the room. The IRs are blended.

I have the gain and sustain from the Diezel with the note clarity and speration from the Princeton. KILLER sounding and feeling rig for the JP.

Back