This forum is no good...

garrett

...for my GAS! Ever find yourself wishing you had something to sell in order to fund something new? My gear collection is as lean as I can get it. I either need or am too attached to every piece to sell any of it.

Anyone have a good get rich quick scheme? :flute:

Any good stories on creative ways you've funded gear?

Any good stories on creative ways you've funded gear?

You're doing it wrong! You have to think long term. Credit cards, lines of store credit, payment/deposit plans - these are all your friends as long as you are smart about it! It's the only way I could have afforded any of my PRS aside from trades.

I combine Xmas and my birthday to help fund gear these days. If I save through the year then I can add that to the total and usually get something decent. Bought both my SE's the past two Xmas's/Birthdays this way and it's been nice that a third of the cost has come from money i've earned through music.

I've thought about the credit route but things are just too fluid to risk it.

You're doing it wrong! You have to think long term. Credit cards, lines of store credit, payment/deposit plans - these are all your friends as long as you are smart about it! It's the only way I could have afforded any of my PRS aside from trades.

Store credit lines + savings allowed me to get my CU24 and my HBII. Agreed they can be helpful as long as you avoid interest.

I'm actually really set on gear, although I'd like to get another solid body humbucker PRS back into the fold. The CU24 wasn't working for me anymore, so I sold it to fund a Telecaster build.

I tried hooking, didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a quick way to make some cash would be to be at the freeway offramp. But not with a sign "Saving for a New Guitar" although it might work, but to have a net set up and a couple signs leading up to the net asking to toss your empty cans and water bottles into the net. It's good for all, they get rid of trash, no littering for the environment, and here in CA it's a nickel a can or bottle so good for you. Heck if you do it regularly the drivers might look forward to tossing in the bottles as they speed through to make the yellow.

ERIK

I think a quick way to make some cash would be to be at the freeway offramp. But not with a sign "Saving for a New Guitar" although it might work,

If I saw someone holding that sign I think I would probably hand him a fiver!

Back