This Dragon may be blowing smoke

There are more important things to worry about.

In truth, its not us that are worrying about what others do with their guitars - at least as far as whether they want to collect or play - I think some of us may 'care' a bit more if we see the needless destruction of a perfectly usable instrument. I am sure very few of us though are worrying about whether someone gets joy from their instrument (oo-err missus :D) from playing, hanging on a wall as art, preserving for historical significance or locking away in a vault for financial gain.

To be clear, I said I don't understand it. That's not how I'm wired. Show me a nice Cobra or 308 GTB or any of a million others, and the first thing I want to do is drive it.

That does not mean I have a problem with it, and I certainly don't worry about it. I don't care if someone wants to by a Private Stock and never takes it out of the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve come around to the conclusion that the collector vs player debate is a tempest in a teapot. No one gets hurt or deprived of anything either way, so there’s very little mileage in advocating either point of view.

There are more important things to worry about.
I collect things I can play.

Fair warning: the temptress in the Jamison’s is more expensive.

I know my Dragon is locked away safely right now while I'm not home and I don't really care what anyone else does w theirs. Mine comes uncaged when the master commands and no one cares either. Such is life. Work hard, play hard, stay in my own lane.:cool:

Last edited:
Well, this took off.

I was mostly initially just musing about who would drop that much on a seller with no feedback!
We’re going through the standard 5 stage cycle for any dragon post
- opening post
- ooh la la!
- hey why is there a flaw
- collector vs player debate
- OP dude returns and says what the?

I'll say again, I have NOTHING against collectors. I'm just more of a guy who wants the nice stuff to use it, not just display. That's why I don't own much art. I'd rather have a guitar than a painting.

Another example: if I were to snag Julie Bowen I would not cover her up or put her in a glass case to display. She'd be my "daily driver" and I'd be takin' the long way to work, if you know what I'm sayin' ;) :pYMMV

Another example: if I were to snag Julie Bowen I would not cover her up or put her in a glass case to display. She'd be my "daily driver" and I'd be takin' the long way to work, if you know what I'm sayin' ;) :pYMMV

See? That kind of talk is disgusting, and what I’m always trying to correct about the way you talk, Howie.

Why would you still work? She’s got millions. :p

Some of you seem to be under the misconception that collectors and players are mutually exclusive.
This collector is not too shabby on the play.
Joe_Bonamassa%2C_Manchester_2012.jpg

I’ve come around to the conclusion that the collector vs player debate is a tempest in a teapot. No one gets hurt or deprived of anything either way, so there’s very little mileage in advocating either point of view.

No, no, no, no, you're wrong! Players suffer grievous injury because they are deprived by evil oligarch collectors of the instruments that they need, nay require to ply their art and bring enlightenment and joy to we who live in a cold, cruel, harsh, joyless world. In fact if you read that back, you'll realize that those collectors are hurting us all. Every single one of us!

(Y'know, by having guitars that we all lust after, but don't even know about... :rolleyes:)

Some of you seem to be under the misconception that collectors and players are mutually exclusive.

Well yeah, 'cause it's way easier and more fun to stir the pot when things are oversimplifized!

Stereotypes suck, so you might as well riff on 'em (in friendly territory), right?

well, i'm going to liquidate some of my guitars in the near future. i have to many and have lost interest in them.
3 private stocks, not comparable to dragons but really nice guitars nonetheless.
idk if anyone remembers, but prs, in 2011 did a very limited run of "tree of life" guitars.
i believe there were only 200 made (possibly less, i'm not sure).
it would hurt, but i might sell it.

regardless, my point is that i have never sold anything before, so if i post on reverb, i guess i have to sell some pedals that i don't have,to be legit.
i know i'm a standup guy and live to my word, but no one else does so it goes as it goes.
just do the best i can.

Back