This Dragon may be blowing smoke

I really do not like how they did some Braz necks with a glued on piece on the headstock...
I know it shouldn't be a structural/sound problem and is probably because a really nice piece of rosewood was a bit too short for a whole neck, but still...

I really do not like how they did some Braz necks with a glued on piece on the headstock...
I know it shouldn't be a structural/sound problem and is probably because a really nice piece of rosewood was a bit too short for a whole neck, but still...

Are you talking about the "wings" on the side of the headstock? If so, they do that on all their guitars.

Nope...
Half of the headstock is another piece of wood. Check the OP reverb ad.

Are you talking about the "wings" on the side of the headstock? If so, they do that on all their guitars.

I think he's referring to the picture of the back of the headstock. You can see a clear horizontal line going across the back of the headstock with clear different colors. Not sure what that is, but it's very visible.

I think he's referring to the picture of the back of the headstock. You can see a clear horizontal line going across the back of the headstock with clear different colors. Not sure what that is, but it's very visible.

Exactly. It is a different piece of wood glued on. I have seen this on other Brazilian necked PRS guitars as well...

Back