This doesn't count as a New Guitar Day

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
PRS SC245. This doesn't count as buying any more guitars as I said I wasn't going to buy any more guitars. I was trying to sell an amplifier but I wasn't able to find a cash buyer. Sooooooo instead I traded the amp for this guitar. See, it's TRADING and not BUYING.

All I said in the ad for my amp was make me a trade offer of whatever you have that cost as much new as what this amp cost new and I'll consider it. I never even said it had to be a guitar! It just so happened to be that I like red guitars and that I like 57/08 pickups and that some random guy on the Internet offered me THIS guitar in trade for my amp. It's not my fault!

PRS-SC245-RedBurst_2730.jpg

PRS-SC245-RedBurst_2731.jpg

smokin, love the red and black, very metal. I love the character of that top. I myself am trying to trade away all my fancy maple tops for shinier things, so I totally get it.

Now I have to hate you and covet your guitar. Is it a 245 or 594?

One of the dead give-a-ways for rapid visual identification is the placement of the VOL/TONE knobs. PRS single cut designs have historically been placed where the bottom two dials sit toward the rear of the guitar in relation to the top two dials. But, on the new 594's, the two bottom dials are shifted forward and are placed toward the front or rather in the direction of the headstock. The dials on the 594's are also grouped closer together so that one hand can easily roll on and off both volume controls at once. On this guitar I'll just have to remember that both dials, (top & bottom) in the front are for the front pickup and the two dials in the back (top & bottom) are for the back pickup.

Back