Third 594 is YES.

You're not suffering! Looks a little familiar too:

prs15.png

(Reminds me I need to put some strings on that one tonight.)
Droooool...Congrats

I fitted 594 number two with uncovered BKP Mules, full CTS pots with treble bleed mods on volumes and resistor tap mods on the tone pots. The Mules are slightly higher output with a lot more high end when matched with the 550K pots. Their split tone is insanely good.

For number three, I’m going for slightly higher output, covered humbuckers with a custom harness and a mega-secret tone upgrade. It could be revolutionary or it could suck golf balls. We’ll see.

For me, everything about the 594 is head to toe perfection. The neck is divine, the bridge sounds and feels amazing, the controls are in just the right place, the scale length is everything the hype suggests and more...the stock 58/18LT pickups are sensational. So it doesn’t need anything, really. But I’m taking this third perfect specimen and will see where I can take it. If it works the way I’m hoping, it’s going to be F@CKING AWESOME.
Loving this thread and direction! Just needs a trem! Ok, maybe that’s just me!

The brown truck man gets a gold star. It arrived a day ahead of schedule!
8B4BD75B-9FF3-434F-8D1D-3AE9E2CA9572.jpeg

I have a lot of work to do. I’m going to document what I do, but I’m going to report it all at once. Just in case I fock it up. This guitar needs a setup, but it’s feeling right at home. Maybe a touch gerthier in the neck than the other two, but comfortable nonetheless. I could be used to my Tele, which I’ve been playing quite a lot of lately. This guitar eats teles for lunch, though.

So, this new 594 plays like a dream come true. And yes, I have lofty goals. After some up-close examination, I've discovered a harsh reality. If I'm going to endeavor to fulfill plan A, one requirement is certain: I will need to mill the bridge body. I'm just not sure if I want to do it. If I modify (ruin) the 594 bridge body to attempt my goals, and decide to go back, how do I replace the bridge body? Would the PTC bounce my ass after looking at my disgraced 594 hardware? Now I don't know what I want to do. I know my idea would work on another make of guitar, I just don't want another make of guitar. WTFDIDN?

Last edited:
So, this new 594 plays like a dream come true. And yes, I have lofty goals. After some up-close examination, I've discovered a harsh reality. If I'm going to endeavor to fulfill plan A, one requirement is certain: I will need to mill the bridge body. I'm just not sure if I want to do it. If I modify (ruin) the 594 bridge body to attempt my goals, and decide to go back, how do I replace the bridge body? Would the PTC bounce my ass after looking at my disgraced 594 hardware? Now I don't know what I want to do. I know my idea would work on another make of guitar, I just don't want another make of guitar. WTFDIDK?

Maybe you should talk to Mann, and see if he'll make you something bespoke.

OMG. AN ANSWER FROM HEAVEN. THAT COULD SERIOUSLY WORK WELL, BROTHER! HOPEFULLY IT WOULDN'T BE TOO MINTY. HOW DO I CONTACT THAT CAT?

If John can't help you out, check with these guys.

https://www.killerguitarcomponents.com

They made me two custom brass CE 24 mounting plates for the CE bodies I bought a couple of years back.

I bit the bullet. Again.

Beautiful guitar. Looks amazing. Question: did you stay with the 85/15 LT's or swap them for something different. Read alot about neck pickup staying but replacing the bridge 58/15 LT pickup for something hotter. What did you decide on? Thanks and again, killer guitar. Congrats!!

087F427C-C92C-47E6-BA91-91176AF5A825.png

So tasty. Unknown customization forthcoming.

Back