Third 594 is YES.

Great guitar... am thinking to get one too... but may i know hows the consistancy of yours considering owning your third Mc Carty

Mmmmmmmmmaybe?... and the header. Some mahogany see through is all, along with some decent buckle rash midback. Seen this one on safari, mayhaps?

I was watching it. Good price, and a great score! Almost jumped a couple of time. Ultimately, went another route (at the same low price).

Great guitar... am thinking to get one too... but may i know hows the consistancy of yours considering owning your third Mc Carty
My other two have been excellent. I put new pickups and electronics in number two. Number three will be a level up from number two, but only in work involved. The stock 594 is the best guitar ever made. No adjustments needed, really. Just gonna have some fun.

My other two have been excellent. I put new pickups and electronics in number two. Number three will be a level up from number two, but only in work involved. The stock 594 is the best guitar ever made. No adjustments needed, really. Just gonna have some fun.

Thanks for sharing ya experiences.. well but what sort of an adjustments you were mentioning of for a well recieved piece from PRS factory?

Did you changed to other non PRS bramd pickup?

I ran into a video by Tom quayle and he did a comparison of a well sought after gibson vs the Mc Carty... the Mc Carty just sound more focus and sweeter... but the gibson sounded alot more aggressive and open...

But he also mentioned PRS build is over the top... i cant imagine if he were to try swapping da gibson Pickup into that Mc Carty... just my opinion thou

Thanks for sharing ya experiences.. well but what sort of an adjustments you were mentioning of for a well recieved piece from PRS factory?

Did you changed to other non PRS bramd pickup?

I ran into a video by Tom quayle and he did a comparison of a well sought after gibson vs the Mc Carty... the Mc Carty just sound more focus and sweeter... but the gibson sounded alot more aggressive and open...

But he also mentioned PRS build is over the top... i cant imagine if he were to try swapping da gibson Pickup into that Mc Carty... just my opinion thou
I fitted 594 number two with uncovered BKP Mules, full CTS pots with treble bleed mods on volumes and resistor tap mods on the tone pots. The Mules are slightly higher output with a lot more high end when matched with the 550K pots. Their split tone is insanely good.

For number three, I’m going for slightly higher output, covered humbuckers with a custom harness and a mega-secret tone upgrade. It could be revolutionary or it could suck golf balls. We’ll see.

For me, everything about the 594 is head to toe perfection. The neck is divine, the bridge sounds and feels amazing, the controls are in just the right place, the scale length is everything the hype suggests and more...the stock 58/18LT pickups are sensational. So it doesn’t need anything, really. But I’m taking this third perfect specimen and will see where I can take it. If it works the way I’m hoping, it’s going to be F@CKING AWESOME.

For number three, I’m going for slightly higher output, covered humbuckers with a custom harness and a mega-secret tone upgrade. It could be revolutionary or it could suck golf balls. We’ll see.

Really curious to know how this turns out. My first two 594s were hands-down winners, then the third (which I had very high hopes for) just didn't sound the way I expected.

I fitted 594 number two with uncovered BKP Mules, full CTS pots with treble bleed mods on volumes and resistor tap mods on the tone pots. The Mules are slightly higher output with a lot more high end when matched with the 550K pots. Their split tone is insanely good.

For me, everything about the 594 is head to toe perfection. The neck is divine, the bridge sounds and feels amazing, the controls are in just the right place, the scale length is everything the hype suggests and more...the stock 58/18LT pickups are sensational. So it doesn’t need anything, really. But I’m taking this third perfect specimen and will see where I can take it. If it works the way I’m hoping, it’s going to be F@CKING AWESOME.

Haha... i feel excited for you too... do you think it be a mismatch popping in a set of close metal pickup in da 594? Like da duncan DD or even suhr aldrich humbucker?

Haha... i feel excited for you too... do you think it be a mismatch popping in a set of close metal pickup in da 594? Like da duncan DD or even suhr aldrich humbucker?

The Alrich will sound devine in it. I played a SC594 loaded with Aldrich pickups that belonged to a local forum member. I loved those pickups in that guitar so much I put a set in my KL-33 (all Korina Santana). If I were putting new pickups in a 594, I'd go with the Aldrich.

Can't wait to see how things develop!

The Alrich will sound devine in it. I played a SC594 loaded with Aldrich pickups that belonged to a local forum member. I loved those pickups in that guitar so much I put a set in my KL-33 (all Korina Santana). If I were putting new pickups in a 594, I'd go with the Aldrich.
Talk to me about the Aldrich. I see there are signature and hot versions, covers or no. What do they compare to?

Talk to me about the Aldrich. I see there are signature and hot versions, covers or no. What do they compare to?

I had the uncovered Signature. Not sure what @BrianC had in his 594. He also has them in his Cu24s. If I were comparing them to PRS pickups, they would lean towards \m/. Not so much that they are hot, but the clarity. Heat wise, a combo of the 59/09 and the \m/. I loved them. I think they split well, too. Brian's band plays a lot of classic rock, and they work well for that.

Guy... but not being an a@@ here lol... a boutique PRS Mc Carty with Suhr aldrich pickup ? Well how about the 5908 PRS ? I heard somebody hinted about this too...

The thing in me is that i may wanna check Emil werstle from Daath... he plays PRS thou but some of his clips i hear his tone isnt that tight as what modern metal be... anybody?

Last edited:
I had the uncovered Signature. Not sure what @BrianC had in his 594. He also has them in his Cu24s. If I were comparing them to PRS pickups, they would lean towards \m/. Not so much that they are hot, but the clarity. Heat wise, a combo of the 59/09 and the \m/. I loved them. I think they split well, too. Brian's band plays a lot of classic rock, and they work well for that.
I picked up a pair of covered BKP Abraxas pickups that I’m going to start with. The Abraxas uses the same magnet as the Mule but is higher wound. Not quite “high output”, so I’m excited to hear what they can do! I’m trying to get slightly darker and slightly more compressed, so I feel I’m headed on the right path.

I picked up a pair of covered BKP Abraxas pickups that I’m going to start with. The Abraxas uses the same magnet as the Mule but is higher wound. Not quite “high output”, so I’m excited to hear what they can do! I’m trying to get slightly darker and slightly more compressed, so I feel I’m headed on the right path.

Those should be great. I put a set in my Bernie. Spectacular!

Back