Thinking about this

G2*

Thinking about buying this guitar.
s-l1600_zpshtkzhpzj.jpg

However the stock pickups were replaced w/PRS Metal \m/ pickups. Not sure how this will sound compared to the stock pickups.

I play mostly classic rock, & blues.

Depending on the asking price, you really don't have to worry about it. The \m/ pickups can be sold for at least what McCarty/Dragon II pups will cost you and you can get her back to original if desired.

Depending on the asking price, you really don't have to worry about it. The \m/ pickups can be sold for at least what McCarty/Dragon II pups will cost you and you can get her back to original if desired.

Good point...

These are absolutely killer gtrs. Probably one of my all time fave models. I was drooling over this one myself.

Well, this is a McCarty 58 right?
It had 57/08s originally...

Amazing guitar anyways! I know I love mine.

Don't worry too much about what pickups are in the guitar,just listen to how it sounds.Beuatiful guitar btw.

Looks like I will actually be able to drool on it by the end of the week! Counter offer was excepted.

Congrats! That is a gorgeous McCarty. Would love to hear what you think about the \m/ pickups in the Mc as well.

Will be able to answer the pickup question Thursday....:rock:

Congrats. Definite looker. I hope the pickups work out for you otherwise as others have said it's a fairly easy issue to resolve, either going back to stock or fitting other vintage inspired PRS pckups that might pique your interest.

Back