Thinking about putting T & Bs into a CE...

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Lotsa letters...phew.

I have the T&B set that came with my Throwback CU24 still sitting all lonely in their boxes...thinking about putting these into my all-alder 1991 CE24, which currently has the original HFS/VB.

My goal is to make this particular CE a bit more stratty - not sure if this will accomplish that or not. Does anyone have any experience or opinions?

FWIW I know there was pickup spec document or thread posted out here some time ago, but from what I can tell the change from a ceramic to alnico magnet and loss of about 4k in the bridge pup should certainly make SOME difference...but numbers are just numbers, hoping someone has done it or has both (or similar) guitars to compare.

Thanks.

I had a set of those in my alder CE. They sounded fantastic - but I wouldn't say stratty. The were full, articulate, and the clean lows were like a grand piano.

If if "strat tomes" are what you're after and you want to keep the PRS pedigree in tact, get some 53/10's that can be split.

Thanks, Hans - do the 53/10s work with a rotary? I'm a rotary guy, not looking to convert...

Back